✰Seven: Now That is Passion!

Luke

Today is the first football game of the season, and Ann and Henry want me to go. I'm not really excited, because I don't like sports. Well, except for ballet, but besides that, I find them boring. What's exciting about watching people run across a field, or a court, chasing or hitting a ball? Even though I won't know what's going on during the game, I'll still support Ashton. The school colors are green and white, so I'll be wearing this green top that looks really cute on me.

       Ashton seemed pretty happy, and he was in a much better mood than yesterday. He still wouldn't tell me where he ran off to though. I still had dance rehearsal, but luckily it's only one hour on Thursdays, so I can still make it to the football game. 

      I thought that having some experience—some sexual experience, would help me with this stupid passion thing. I can't tell if I'm truly not doing it right, or Emilio is just super hard on me. I didn't seem to be getting any better as far as my passion goes. My technique is great though.

     "Nope, try again. Are you even putting any effort into this, Luke?" Emilio snapped, crossing his arms against his chest. Our music started up again, and Mei and I did our duet for what felt like the hundredth time. I tried to really focus on my style, and being more expressive. Mei was dancing flawlessly as usual, and she was keeping right up with me.

      We finished, and were both breathing heavily. Mei wiped the sweat from her forehead, looking over at me. I gave her an apologetic look, but she patted my back.

      "Again." Emilio demanded. We groaned, and so did the rest of the team, because they had to watch.

     "Are you serious? We need a break. I think Luke is doing fine, you just like to pick on him." Mei sassed, putting her hands on her hips. Emilio raised an eyebrow at her, and I looked away.

      "That's not for you to decide. We're not going to be done until he gets it right." Emilio said. Miss Chapman wasn't there that day, so there was no one to stop him. So we kept going, and going, and going. I was getting dizzy and lightheaded from all of the turns, and pure exhaustion.

      "It's okay Luke, just take deep breaths." Mei whispered to me, as she fanned herself.

     "I'm sorry I can't do this." I mumbled, my eyes watering.

     "Think of someone you want to impress. This dance is supposed to be about love, and affection right? Think of this dance as you trying to impress someone, and seduce them." Mei advised. I nodded my head weakly, glancing at the rest of my team members. Some of them weren't even paying attention anymore, because they were so bored. 

     "I don't have anyone I want to impress in that way." I admitted. Mei smirked, and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

     "Really? Not even that Ashton boy you always talk about?" She quipped. My cheeks heated up, and I could tell it was more than me just being extremely hot. I put my hand over my cheek, and I shrugged my shoulders. Emilio snapped his fingers at us, and we began to go to our starting position. My hands were shaking, but I tried to push through.

      Emilio started the music, and we did our duet again. I was determined to make it the best, and last time we would have to do it for today. I pushed myself, and although it was a little embarrassing on my end, I took Mei's advice. I thought of Ashton. I don't know why it's embarrassing because no one knows who I'm thinking of, but the fact I'm giving it a shot it. 

       I don't love Ashton, and I wouldn't say we show each other affection. I blocked out Emilio, and the rest of the team that were there watching us. I pretended like Ashton was the only other person in the room, watching me. I tried to ignore my exhaustion, and how I felt like I could faint at any moment. I listened to the music, and danced the best could. I tried to be as flashy as possible, and be more intimate.