Chapter 4 - Emma

The awaiting mist didn't fall through our flesh, yet but the zephyr of the early morning seeped onto me,  giving me a little amount of chill that flowed into my system. Both hands chafted with each other to create a small heater from it and circulated in my shaking nerves. "Why is it so cold today?" I mumbled within my teetered tongue.

Norman's voice reverberated through my ears and asked, "Do you want to use my scarf?"

The heat that I was making on my small hands wasn't enough to provide me a lukewarm waves. Right now, it was bilateral on my lips. I huffed on it and a hot breath cycle down in my hands. Rubbing it once more, I fibbed. "No, you may get cold when you lend it to me! Besides, I wonder why the temperature dropped down all of sudden."

"But the weather forecast announced it yesterday, Emma."

"It was only 15 degrees! Why do I feel that it becomes negative?"

Norman was about to respond until someone threw a red knitted scarf on the top of my head, slowly drifting on my sight and hindered the view of the gentle person. "Idiot! It's already winter! Do you want to get sick?!"

A flash of recollection, regarding on that matter, dripped onto present. A small beam dissimenated through my lips as I pulled the scarf away from my head and looked at the oppressor, who was already looking at me in annoyance. "Well, you said several years ago that idiots do not get sick."

"You are really an idiot."

"I will take it as a compliment, emo quitter."

He clicked his tongue and swifted his steps towards my place, which was beside on the white-haired man. Eyes squinched in exasperation, he knocked my head off lightly and took the scarf from my palm. The hit was really soft through my head, as though a single pat proceeded onto it. By that, another unusual thump arose between my chest. A rainbow created on my 'still-peculiar-feeling' weather.

I forged the pain and whimpered, "Ouch! I'll tell this to Anna!"

He was on the another vacant side, which made me sandwiched by these two guys. Yet, I feel that he was getting closer to me. "Emma, wait a minute." He said as his hand clutched on my left shoulder and pivoted my heel by his force. Emerald eyes widen, this is first time for a while to see his well-shaped face this close. It's been three weeks since Ray and Anna dated and in that previous days, those two were in their own world, as though no one could passage on their binding thread.

Those days when Ray wasn't around in my orbit, I feel lonely.

He leaned for a moment and the silk slid on my nape, encompassed it through my neck to yield a sufficient heat into my anticipated body . He returned the comfortable space and scowled, "Hand it back to me tomorrow."

The scent of chocolate from the weave encircled through my nasal cavity. Its rich flavor huddled on my neurons, sending an information that this kind of fragrance will be filed as one of my favorites. Adjusting the compression of the scarf, I expressed my gratitude to him. "Thank you, Ray, but you don't need to lend your possessions to me. I will be culpable if something happened to you."

His eyes drowned unto mine in a short amount of time as though he was searching something on the carves of my irises. After that, he averted his gaze from me and muttered indescribable phrases on his mouth, that led me to curiosity. Inclining forward onto him, I inquired about that matter. "What did you say?"

"Ray! Emma! Norman!" His lips slightly parted, probably he would blow another exasperated comeback to me, but a sweet voice trembled on us. Our attention concurrently switched behind our path. Her right hand waved at us bashfully, her lips were reflecting on her action. "It's good to see that you three are going to school together."

"Actually, it is weird since he's with you all the time." My tongue gushed out unprocessed thoughts that only roaming on my dendrites. I was also stunned when I poured those words unto her. Guilt rode on my heart, I immediately apologized, "I didn't mean it in that way! Sorry, Anna!" Then, I bowed my head repetitively.

She ran towards my direction as she hold my hands and said, "Sorry if you feel this way! I'm being insensitive!" My head veered to my friend. I first noticed her blonde hair fixed into fish braid, which fell on her left shoulder. Her remorse eyes' bored unto mine.

"E?! You didn't do anything wrong!"

"But you just spilled it with grudge."

I stopped bowing after apprehending her latest response and felt my heart squeezed again, yet uncertain on the reason. Eyes locked at her, I tilted my head in confusion and asked, "Did I?" She nodded her head in return. "Yes! That's why I am really sorry if you think I take Ray away from you."

Take Ray away from me?

"Wh—" Anna's grasp suddenly loosened on mine when someone's hand snaked it on her wrist and pulled her away from me. My head moved onto that particular person, who laced his fingers to Anna's. That sensation spread between my chest, but worst. "What is this?"

"The students are watching you, two." Ray reminded to us and then continued to walk with Anna, leaving me and Norman behind.

"Emma." My eyes riveted on Norman. His smile was as light as the feathers that can tickle everyone's heart. His jade fingers entwined unto mine, which made my heart skip in shock. "Let's go?"

It's been a while since I have this kind of contact with Norman and it helped to increase the heat I entailed for my body. Yet, when my orbs went back to the couple, the intensity of my pupils elevated. The rainbow that I've felt crushed into powders and whirlpool coursed through my heart. It was sickening.

I should ask Gilda about this.

•••

A/N: Another lame update, kek. Sorry if I left this hanging for 2 months and I only give you a short update 😔 Anyways, thank you for those people who still supporting this story! I don't know why you all like this 😂😂

Thank you for 600+ reads!