Epilogue #3 (Of 3)

America's Pov

"Your majesties!"

I ignored the voice and snuggled deeper into Maxons warmth. He seemed to do the same, his arms wrapping tighter around me.

"Your majesties, you must wake up."

I groaned, slamming my hand down on my pillow and looking up at the guard accusingly. "Can you wait outside?"

He looked like he wanted to protest but nodded. The guard exited the room.

"Maxon?" I whispered.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Why is somebody walking us up in the middle of the night?"

"Maybe...they...... found..........Landon," Maxon mumbled sleepily, his words stretching farther apart as he tried to go back to sleep.

We both seemed to comprehend what he said at the sane time and sat up quickly.

"Officer!" I called.

He opened the door, entering the room again.

"What's going on?" I asked urgently. "Have you found our son?"

"I'm sorry your majesty, but no. But there is someone downstairs in the foyer who wants to see you. They say it's urgent."

I looked over at Maxon in confusion. He shrugged.

"Your excused," Maxon told the guard.

Maxon grabbed my hand. "We don't have to." He assured me. "I understand that your not up for much because of Landon—."

"Why does this feel familiar?" I interrupted.

Maxon's forehead crinkled in confusion. "What?"

"This...." I trailed off. "This reminds me of the night we met August and Georgia."

He cocked his head. "I guess it's vaguely familiar..."

"I think we need to go down there. Call it mothers tuition, but I think.....I think we wed to go down there."

Maxon rubbed my back gently. "Alright."

Maxon got out of bed and jogged to the closet to change into some casual clothes. I threw off the covers and slipped on some slippers and my robe over my night gown. He met me at the door and grabbed my hand, rubbing it gently. We didn't say anything, only proceeded out the door. I rushed us down the stairs, not sure why this felt important. We were about to walk into the foyer when the guard on patrol stopped us.

"She is a southern rebel," He told us.

"Who?" Maxon asked.

The guards eyes flicked to the foyer. "She's a woman. She claims she is a southern rebel and that she has information on your son."

I tried to take a peek into the foyer. Maxon squeezed my hand, turning my attention to him.

"America, I don't trust this. The southern rebels took our son. This could be a trap to get one of us or Brin too."