Jin - The Confession

"You confessed your undying love for me again last night," I said before taking another bite of my Lucky Charms. My roommate flinched at my words, possibly because he was hungover, or it could have been the fact this marked the fifth time he had confessed to me whilst drunk. Probably both. 

"Ugh, really?" He groaned and poured himself a cup of coffee. 

I nodded. "Drunk Jin is nothing if not consistent. It's one of his more admirable traits." 

"I'm sorry, Y/n," Jin said and took a seat at the dinning table. He leaned over his cup of coffee, while gripping it with both hands. "I don't know why I keep doing that." 

I gasped, feigning offence, "Kim SeokJin! You take that back! You know exactly why, it's because I am amazing and lovable!"

"Please don't make me roll my eyes, it hurts." 

"Maybe you should lay off the Soju for a while." I stood and took my empty bowl to the sink. "How about we stay in tonight? Watch a movie?"

I glanced over at Jin sitting at the table. He looked miserable. 

Jin closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. "That's probably a good plan." 

After putting my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher, I went to my bedroom to get ready for my shift at the tanning salon. 

I had just put my hair up in a pony tail when Jin came into my room and laid down on my bed. "Y/n, why are my legs sore?" 

I laughed. "Adventure Jin." 

"Shit. Really?" Jin rubbed his face and groaned. "Where did I go this time?"

"Honestly, I don't know. You were sitting under the table during beer pong for a while; you kept saying you were a troll. Then you were gone." I sat down on the bed next to Jin and put on my shoes. "Tae found you walking up the driveway carrying a step ladder around 1:30." 

I stood up and watched Jin laying on my bed silently with his hands covering his face. 

"I'm going to work," I said after a minute. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah." Jin stood up and followed me to the front door. "Did I pet Yoongi last night?"

"Yeah, you did," I chuckled recalling the irritated look on Yoongi's face. "You said he was a kitty. He drove us home and helped me haul you up the stairs." 

I noticed the look of dread on Jin's face. "It's fine, he knew you were drunk." I gave Jin a quick hug before opening the door. "Take a nap. I'll bring home a pizza for dinner."

"No," Jin sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll cook."

"Okay." I smiled and shut the door behind me. 

***

My shift at the tanning salon was fairly uneventful. It was still two weeks until classes started, so things were pretty dead.

Living in a college town during the summer had been dull to say the least. I had stayed in town for an internship on campus, and worked at the salon afternoons and weekends. Jin had stayed to take some summer classes to lighten his course load for senior year. 

I met Jin freshman year when we lived in the dorms. We became friends as we were always in our hall's lounge, avoiding our roommates. Jin was afraid of waking his roommate, Yoongi, who was generally grumpy and would often nap at random times. I was just trying to get away from my roommate and her boyfriend who practically lived in our room. Things eventually got better between Jin and Yoongi once they figured out a sleeping schedule. 

We had spent almost every night this week partying at the house some of Jin's friends were renting. Their lease started at the beginning of the month, so they had just moved in. Every night, Jin drank too much, and, every night, he would tell me how much he loved me and that we should date. 

The first three times he did it in front of everyone and passed out shortly afterward. The guys ridiculed him the following morning. The fourth confession came while Adventure Jin was in a tree in the backyard of the guys' house. Luckily, Tae and Yoongi were able to get him out of the tree before he hurt himself. 

Last night's confession was different. After Yoongi helped me get Jin up the stairs to our apartment, I had just gotten Jin's shoes off and was leading him into his room, when he shoved me against the wall in the hallway. He had his hands pressed flat against the wall on either side of my head, and looked me in the eye with more intensity than I had ever seen in him before. 

"I love you, Y/n. I mean it. I want you to be mine." 

I couldn't stop thinking about his words my whole shift. 

Why did he keep confessing? He never treated me as anything other than a friend. Obviously he wasn't interested in me like that. Why would he be?   

***

"Remind me again why you're studying finance and not going to culinary school?" I asked while clearing our plates from the table.  

Jin just laughed and began cleaning up the kitchen. 

"I'll wash the pots and pans since you did all the work," I said rinsing the plates and putting them in the dishwasher. 

"Okay." Jin leaned against the counter next to the sink. "I'll dry." 

We worked in a comfortable silence. When I turned to hand him the last pot, Jin was staring at me. 

"You okay?"

He took the pot from my hands and sat it on the counter. "Y/n, about last night-"

"It's okay. I know you were drunk and didn't mean anything by it." I couldn't help but notice the disappointment in my voice. Truth was, I had had a thing for Jin for a couple years now. I tried to ignore it and was doing a decent job of it, but his consistent drunken confessions were wearing me down. 

"I'm sorry." He hesitated before continuing. "I lied to you."

"You lied to me? What do you mean?"

"I remember." 

I gave him what I can only assume was a look of pure confusion. 

"I remember confessing to you." He took my hands in his, and leaned forward, pressing his forehead to mine. "Every time. I'm sorry."

"I-It's okay, Jin." I closed my eyes not fully understanding what was going on.

"No, it's not. It's not fair to you." He stepped back, letting go of my hands. "I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"We're good." I gave him a weak smile, and pulled him into a hug so he wouldn't see how hurt I was. "I love you." 

Jin pulled back a little, his eyes scanning my face. He brought one hand up to my cheek, and leaned in slowly. Gently, he pressed his lips to mine. 

"I love you, too."