CHAPTER 3: THE PET NAME

I am honestly craving chocolate cake.

I don't know about you guys but it's the best. Well, maybe second best to carrot cake but chocolate cake is chocolate so...

Oh, duh. You're here for the story.

Chapter 3: The Pet Name

It has been half an hour since the original meeting time that Josephine set for this group hang out idea.

I already made reservations and bought out the entire place with my inherited money from my stupid but useful and dead rich father, so we had the entire place to ourselves until midnight.

I thought this was honestly going to be fun but now that everyone but me and Thanatos is late I changed my mind.

This is going to be bad.

He hasn't stopped glancing up at me every couple of minutes and it's making me nervous. His black hoodie's sleeves are also pulled up to his elbows, which is distracting. He's either making sure I'm still standing next to him as we wait for our dimwit friends or he's judging my outfit.

Oh, man. What if I look like a total dork?

Usually, I have a good fashion sense but today I woke up late and a lot of my clothes were dirty. I'm wearing a light long sleeve since it's pretty warm outside, it's a cute top that was loose enough around my body to show off my curves but hide exactly how small my waist is. I am wearing cute jean shorts that go an inch or two above mid-thigh.

Not a bad outfit and a lot of girls that I've seen walking to the mall right next to the laser tag building were wearing a lot less.

Maybe it's my hair? I have light blonde curly hair that I couldn't be bothered to deal with so it's just up in a messy bun. My freckles stand out against my skin, due to my Italian heritage I had very tan skin that my freckles couldn't usually be seen against but since it's summer so it looks like paint got splattered all over my face, much to my annoyance.

Maybe it's that?

Is it my dimples? Or my gray eyes? Sometimes my eyes freak people out because they are such a weird color so maybe that's it.

Maybe it's my purse that has a stuffed unicorn on a chain attached to it.

Yeah... I'll just pretend it's the unicorn.

I get startled out of my thoughts when my phone starts to ring. I grumpily slide it to the call button when I see that it's Apollo calling me.

"Where are you guys?" My voice is more gentle than peeved. "I already booked out the entire place and all the employees are ready to cater to your dumbness but guess what? They can't do that because you aren't here."

"Ouch, Dite." Apollo whistles and I hear a bunch of smacks and he groans. "Maven, Osiris, and Joey are with me. We are five minutes away. Is Thanatos there yet?"

"Yeah, Than-" I clamp my mouth shut before taking a second continuing. "Yeah, Death's here."

"Death?" Apollo, confused, asks. "Is Thanatos dying or something?"

"No, uh... You know what he's the Greek God of?"

"Death?" I can hear the frown in Apollo's voice which then turns to glee as he says, "Oh! It's a pet name, nice. Now I have something to gossip about, thanks!"

"Wait-" A beep cuts me off and with a pout, I pull the phone away from my ear.

Apollo just hung up on me. Guess I'm going to be sour with him today.