CHAPTER 6: THE TICKLING

This book is like blue moon ice cream.

Don't really know what it is. Kind of good. Kind of odd. Definitely fun to watch as it's put together. And kind of also frustrating because let's be honest, writer's block is weird and annoying.

Oh, duh. You're here for the story.

Chapter 6: The Tickling

A scream penetrated through the air making my flinch awake. My body startles and moves on its own accord but I find myself restrained by a set of iron arms wrapped around my body.

"What the..." I blink in confusion, my mind foggy and tired from sleep.

I know when I just wake up my perception of the world is a bit off but I know for a fact that someone just screamed and that Thanatos is cuddling with me, his body hunched over mine protectively as he holds me to his chest.

We were still in the living room, I know this because I could feel the couches cool leather against my back from where my shirt has ridden up overnight.

Another scream breaks through the air followed by my name making me tense.

I know that scream.

Damon.

He's having another nightmare and I know exactly what it is about because I have nightmares about it, too.

I struggle in Thanatos' grasp, my arms pushing against his chest but it's a futile attempt because this hold on me is too strong and he weighs too much.

"Death, wake up!" I yell, making his body go rigid and his eyes to pop open, my eyes adjusted to the dark letting me see the concern lined into his face.

Guess when he's tired he can't hide it well.

"Let go of me, I need to-"

"No, no, no! Aphrodite, please don't take her away from me! She's the only family I have left!" A strangled sob followed by many more escapes my best friend's lips and with a final shove and a groggy Thanatos, I push myself off of the couch.

I barely catch my breath from the fall and hurriedly turn the light on. The living room was empty besides Damon, Thanatos and I but I'm sure the others would have heard his scream and waken up by now.

I'm so thankful I slept in the living room, otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to help Damon.

"Demon," I approach him cautiously, knowing that he can lash out at any time. He broke my arm once by accident. "You need to wake up, it's just a dream."

"She can't be," He screams, his voice breaking softly making me flinch. "She can't be dead!"

Two of our foster parents beat me to death, literally, and Damon thought he lost me. My heart stopped for seventy seconds but the doctors were able to bring me back.

Damon was there, and he has never stopped blaming himself for being too late.

He saw me die and he passed out before he could see me live again.

"Demon," I dunk around his arm as it swings towards me, I quickly knock it into his side and climb over him to hold his wild limbs down. "I'm alive, I'm alive, I promise. You need to wake up."

My knees hold down his thighs and I desperately try to hold his wrist but he's too strong. I move my gaze over to Thanatos who watches with guarded eyes.

"Can you please help?" I snap and in an instant, he's holding Damon's arms down while I cup his face to urge him awake and out of hell.

"Be gentle," I warn as I see Thanatos' hands tighten as Damon thrashes and almost throws me off of him.