PART ONEEEEEE

••• Alana's POV •••

I woke up Saturday morning and looked over at the clock, it was 4 minutes to 7. I had been dreading this day for a while...Everybody in this house has been dreading this day for a while. Today was my cousin Masai aka Kash funeral, he died a week ago and I still couldn't believe it. Kash was my best friend and favorite cousin. You couldn't catch us without each other most of the time.

Anytime I needed something I would call him. Thinking about all the times I had with him, I shed a tear. I heard my door open, I looked up and it was my mom. She came and sat next to me."Aww, Alana don't cry, it's gon be okay baby." My mom said hugging me. 'I know mama, I'm just so hurt" I said through my tears.

Just then my little sister came in the room, "mommy I'm hungry" Alayah whined. I decided to get up and hop in the shower. I hooked my speaker up and played Rain by SWV and did my morning routine . As soon as I stepped into the shower I heard my big brother AJ yell "Damn Lana hurry up." "Shut up nigga... I just got in here in" I yelled back. I took a 15 minute shower then hopped out. I was looking in the closet for my dress when my phone flashed. I looked at it, it was a text from Teasia.

My bae tee🤩💛: Ik that today gon be hard for us...but we gon get thru this together💙

I knew this day was gon be extra hard for my girl Teasia. Teasia was Kash baby mama and my best friend since the womb basically, And they daughter, Bella, was only 5 months. I sent her a quick text telling her that I loved her and started to get dressed. 15 minutes later I came downstairs into the kitchen and seen my older sister Alexis sitting at the table with my mom and Alayah eating a pancake.

She had a box full of pictures of Me, Alexis, Alonzo, and Masai when we were little. I grabbed two pancakes off the stove and sat down at the table. I just watched my mom and Alexis talk about when we were younger. My mom had Alexis young, So she played mom a lot with me, Masai and Alonzo. I finish eating my breakfast then went back upstairs to start my makeup. I just did a natural look for today, I heard my mom ask was everyone ready and went back downstairs. Alexis, Alonzo, and I rode in Alexis' car. After a 12 minute drive, we were there.....I knew his funeral was going to be thick because when you die everybody shows love. We walked in the church got an obituary and took our seats, The first three rows were designated for the immediate family. When we sat down I looked at the obituary
The homegoing service of Masai aka "Kash" Antonio Carter "With each sunrise, there must come a sunset"

If you ask me two weeks ago where would I be this would not be it. I looked over at Teasia and I saw her with her shades on and head down. All I could think was damn It hurt me to see her like this because I know she really loved him. They had been together since they were 13 for real. Out of everybody here, I knew my mom took it the hardest. My mom raised Masai since he was one due to my aunt being an addict and in and out of his life but she loved him like he was her own really. I turned and seen a lot of people I didn't know. I saw a few people I knew, one being his best friend, Jermaine. He was just standing in the back looking at everyone else, as soon as was about to look away we made eye contact and he nodded.

                 ••• Jermaine's POV •••

I had arrived about 5 minutes ago, as soon as I walked in I thought this shit was a joke, The church was packed. My nigga Kash knew a lot of people but didn't fuck with a lot of people. I was looking around when I felt somebody staring at me. I looked out the corner of my eye and I saw shorty looking at me, So I nodded and she turned around all fast. I laughed and took a sit in the back row just as that pastor stepped up.

PASTOR Morgan: We are all gathered here today for a very sad occasion... Actually, we are here to celebrate a life...Masai was a great kid, I watched him grow up and tried to guide him in the right direction. Today he leaves behind a young family and many of his close cousins. Now I wanna introduce his cousin Alana for a few words.

I seen lil mama that was staring at me stand up and make her way to the post. "Hey..y'all..um I'm A-Alana and Sai was my favorite cousin and...and I just wanna say thank y'all for coming out today. Even tho he didn't ...mess with all of y'all. Apparently y'all mess with him" she shifted the glasses on her face "and I just feel like a lot of y'all are weird being here it's like y'all only here to say y'all was her-" "Alana" Kelis whisper yelled "stay on topic". She finished her lil piece then a few more people talked and it was time to head of to the cemetery. It was was crazy as hell to see my nigga go in the ground when we was so close,  damn my nigga was gone.

💛 Heyyy y'alll so this my first book...I'm nervous as hell. This was a lil starter to get y'all into the book. What y'all think? 💛

             💛 VOTE AND COMMENT 💛