The Number

YO IT'S BONKY42
LIT.

(Also I would like to take the time to promote my other story Sweet Whispers. Give it a read)

(Denny's POV)

    When I came back to the table, the girl was already gone. I collected the money, and noticed a folded piece of paper. I opened it. It was a phone number.

                                                                                      You're cool
                                                                                      Call me.
                                                                                     630-101-9209

    I quickly folded the paper back up and stuffed it in my pocket. "What'cha doing?" A girl's voice said behind me. I recognized her. That was Starbucks. She was a dark skinned, green haired, thin girl. Always had a coffee in hand. Usually a frappe, occasionally a latte.  " Nothing." I sighed. " Who's number is that." She asked, poking me, and then the paper. "How do you know it's a phone number?"  I asked her.

    "Because I'm sitting at that table right there, I could see the paper, and you're acting awkward. Well, more awkward than usual. Which means it's about that girl that was sitting over here." She said, taking  a sip of her drink. I laughed awardly. "You got me, Star. It's a girl."

      "I knew it! What's 'er name?" She asked. " I- I don't know." I told her. "She didn't tell you? Where does she work?" Starbucks asked.  I shrugged. "Wasn't she wearing a uniform? Breakfast places only give breaks for like half an hour. She needs to get back to work." Starbucks asked again, pestering me. " She was, but she was wearing a jacket over it." I told her. " That's all  I know, don't ask me anything else." I added, before she could keep talking.

    Star sighed. "I gotta go. Text me later." She said, getting up and leaving. While she worked, it was the end of my shift. I decided to text the number.

Me: Hey, it's the waiter from the diner.
???: Oh
???: Hello.
Me: What's your name?
???: Call me Bee. Or Ap. I don't really care.
???: Yours?
Me: Denny's.
Bee: Can I call you Deb?
Bee: Den*
Me: Uh, idk. Both are nice haha, but are we on nickname levels? I don;t even know you
Me: don't*
Bee: Ok. Denny's then.
Me: nice
Bee: see ya later. I have to work.