Chapter 1: The Hunt Begins

Chapter 1: The HuntBegins

Beacon, a place that cultivates some of the best Huntsmen and Huntresses Remnant has ever seen – the best fighting force to protect Remnant from the terrifying Grimm. Many young men and women go through years of training at Beacon to become the public defenders of Remnant. These boys and girls are extremely dedicated to their studies...

Ruby kicks open the dorm door while shouting. She takes one step in and stops. "Class sucks," she places her hands on her hips.

The three other members of her team walk in and pass her.

"I have to agree," Blake calmly speaks as she elegantly slides into bed and cuddles in. "I don't think I've learned a single thing in Professor Port's class."

"What'd ya mean, Blake?" Yang hops onto her bed and kicks her feet. "All the miraculous adventures we've heard about is sure to have a lesson or two."

"Your attempts at humour are less than entertaining," Weiss takes a seat on her bed. "It's an entire class made for him to stroke his own ego."

"And this is the second year we've gone through it. There has to be something you've learned," Yang retorts.

"That Professor Port can put anything to sleep," Ruby answers. "Remember when the Beowolf he brought into class actually fell asleep," she ends with a giggle.

"Oh yeah," Blake snickers. "I never thought that was possible. Made for an interesting class."

"If only it escaped. We could've seen him actually do something," Weiss crosses her arms and rolls her eyes.

"Think we can lure a Grimm to the-"

"No," the three older students say in unison.

Ruby crosses her arms and pouts. "Fine... it's not like we couldn't handle it..."

"You remember the last time we dealt with a Deathstalker?" Blake nonchalantly teases.

"WELL I WOULDN'T BRING ONE OF THOSE!" Ruby frantically waves her arms.

"I don't think she could if she wanted to," Yang chuckles.

"You wanna go, sis?" Ruby puts up her fists.

"Them be some fighting words, Rubes," Yang hops off her bed. "You sure?"

"Put'em up, sis, put'em up!" Ruby loops her fists in front of her.

Just before the sisters can brawl, someone knocks on the team's door.

"You got lucky," Ruby walks past her sister with squinted eyes.

"Keep telling yourself that," Yang says with confidence.

Ruby opens the door for Glynda Goodwitch, one of the most respected and feared teachers at Beacon.

"Oh, hey Professor!" Ruby smiles. "Are we... in trouble?"

"Should you be in trouble?" Goodwitch raises her brow.

"Shut up, Ruby!" Yang sharply whisper.

"Not at all!" Ruby stands in attention. "What do you need, ma'am?"

The teacher sighs. "Professor Ozpin has a mission for you."

"Really?" Weiss gets off her bed. "That's our first mission this year..."

"It's about time!" Yang cheers. "Let's go, team!"

"Please report to Professor Ozpin's office immediately," Glynda remains stone cold. "If not, I'll be coming back for you."