Chapter 5: The Power of a Son of Sparda

Your eyes flutter open just as Blake is about to put a warm cloth on your head.

"Ah, you're awake!" She leans back. "I wasn't... I mean, I had no idea when you'd-"

"AAAH," you yawn, lifting your upper body off the ground. You take a quick look around the room, recognizing that you're back in Blake's house. "I guess I did it... hehe," you stretch a little more. "Guess I killed more of them than I thought," you get to your feet, which invites Blake to follow.

"Hey! Don't move around so much."

"Oh, don't worry," you smile at her. "Demonic blood, remember? I feel fresh as a daisy."

"It... it's only been a few minutes since I brought you inside."

"Crazy, huh?" You smirk. "But we shouldn't dally," you roll your shoulders. "But we shou-"

Your words are cut off by Blake wrapping her arms around you, tears streaming down her face.

"You really scared me! There were so many demons and I couldn't... I just..."

You can't help but smile at her actions. You wrap one hand around her while setting the other on her head, slowly running your hands down her hair.

"It's okay... thank you for this. Nobody has ever really... been concerned for me. Well, Dante does but... it's not quite the same."

You take a few moments to merely be close with your companion. Blake's tight grip on you is warm, it's comforting. It's... something you haven't felt in a long time.

"I- uh... I really like this, but I think we should get moving," you whisper. "I think I know where your parents are, where all the Faunus are."

"Really?" Blake pulls her head back but keeps her arms on you.

"Yeah! If it's a place surrounded in demonic energy then it shouldn't be too hard to find. Especially with me, Balrog, and Kaimira on the case."

"I... thank you," she nods. "Thank you so much!"

"Don't thank me yet," you pat her head before stepping away. "We haven't found them. Come on, we can't delay!"

"Right!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's a treacherous journey through Menagerie's harsh deserts. The whipping wind, sand storms, and even Grimm that appeared every so often made the adventure slower than you had hoped. Both you and your weapons can feel the beating of demonic power. It leads you to the lower end of a massive rock formation with a crack within it – large enough for a person to shimmy through.

"Yeah... it's definitely here..." You nod. "Come on," you wave for Blake to follow you while attempting to enter.

The Faunus follows behind, having a lot less trouble than you are. You keep hitting your head or twisting your ankles. But, after grunts and moans, you manage to get through the crack and bear witness to something completely unexpected. The Faunus are there, unconscious on the floor, while Blake's contact is strung up against the wall. In the center of this area, surrounded by the Faunus' bodies, is a glowing orb.

"Blake!" You look back at the girl, who's just exiting the crack.

"Mom! Dad!" Blake immediately runs towards them.

"Wait!"

As soon as the girl gets close enough to the orb, it lights up and she ragdolls to the floor.