Chapter 3: To Your Grave

It took you and Blake a few days to travel across the desert and arrive in Vacuo. Considering how sand-ridden your clothes were, you're happy you didn't have to stay there for long. Now you and Blake travel in a civilian airship, commonly used by tourists or businessmen. Thanks to the tickets provided to you, you're not in a general room with windows, watching the landscape as they travel. You two get your own private room with beds, a couch, fridge, and television.

Blake is the only one in the room right now, contemplating everything that happened prior. You fought some giant fire monster, that you claim to be a demon, and somehow survived. You were stabbed, beaten, set ablaze, and it all seemed like a minor inconvenience to you. It wasn't Aura. You had nothing protecting you, at least that she could see. So what's your secret? Some ridiculous healing Semblance? Does someone really have a Semblance that makes you immortal? Is that even possible? But, if that's true, why are you so terrible? Even Blake can tell that you accidentally won that battle. Every intentional attack you tried ended in failure. You don't even have a proper battle sense... so how is it you managed to win? Or even survive before? Are you completely reliant on your healing?

Before she can continue down this track, you open the door with two massive plates of food.

"I didn't really know what you liked, so I just kinda grabbed the biggest plate and threw everything on there," you chuckle, then set down Blake's plate on the center table.

"Oh... thanks."

You take a seat with your own plate of food. "I asked one of the crew members how long it would take to get to Atlas. It's a slow ship, so we'll be traveling till late tomorrow."

"Okay..." Blake merely pushes the food around the plate without attempting to eat any.

"Huh... are you okay?" You throw caution to the side, not wanting her to feel down for the entire trip.

The silence is nearly as tense as Vergil's gaze, that pressure scares Blake... or maybe you're the one that scares her now.

"I'm fine," Blake gets up and leaves the room.

Your eyes drift to the floor and you sigh. "Darn... I guess she's still a little shaken. I should give her more time," you grab another bite of food, though the new tone of the room ruins your enjoyment. "Aw man," you pout, then lay back on the couch and exhale. "I... this is going to be awkward if I don't address this. We're stuck on this ship for a day, after all."

"You can do it, boy!" The gun shouts from your bed.

"Right," you hop off the couch and head for the door. You stop right as your hand touches the metal, looking back at the food. "I guess I'll just have to get more later."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Ah, why did I do that?" Blake smacks her head. "I made it so awkward... so weird!" The Faunus paces along outside of the ship, in the rest area. "I just... this is all so weird. I wish Yang was here... or Ruby or Weiss. I'm so... I don't know what to do here," Blake crosses her arms and looks out into the sky. "I should've been nicer... he saved me... even with my friends, I doubt we would've been able to beat that thing. But I just don't understand it. I should just ask," Blake's determination kicks in. "He doesn't deserve this."

The girl turns around and spots two people, a man and woman, conversing about the sight they're about to feast upon. Blake, with a purpose, heads for the door. As soon as she passes beside the man, she hears a whisper.

"You have the scent of Sparda on you."

Blake horrifyingly turns her head towards the man. His once normal appearance has transformed into a deformed creature with a meat-like texture all around its body. The eyes, or what she thinks are the eyes, are drooping and hanging around the drooling mouth. A fleshy tendril wraps around Blake's neck, flinging her up in the air only to slam her down on the hull of the ship. The girl is completely helpless as she's dragged across the metal until being lifted off the ground and into the air before the two demons. Blake's fighting spirit is completely destroyed upon looking at these abominations.