Chapter 2:Rao's blessing.

Zor-El stood beside Kara's crib, watching as she slept. She looked so peaceful, so precious.

Not like she looked for the past few weeks.

Kara Zor-El. Sweet, innocent, little Kara Zor-El.It had been exactly three weeks, two days and eight hours since her early birth.
He and Alura had agreed that they would keep Selena's little reign a secret. And she wouldn't report how they had altered some of Kara's genetics.

Had he agreed to withhold illegal information from the high council? Yes, he had.
Had he illegally altered the littlest   daughter of The House Of El's genetics? Yes.
Had he, Alura and Selena not only break their most sacred laws but create children that could get them killed?Yes,they did. He didn't regret any of it.

But did he want that thing near his daughter?Rao no.

Kara Zor-El was a fine work of art, a precious rare jewel. Kara Zor-El was a masterpiece and he was her artist. He would mould and shape her into an independent woman, a brilliant scientist, a ruthless and powerful warrior.
She was his daughter. And he was her father.
It was his duty to protect her.

He wouldn't let that beast corrupt his daughter, in his mind it was in her best interest. It was the right thing to do.

So, no he didn't regret it.

Up until Kara got sick, and it was far worse than Argo fever. He had lost hope, so in a last ditch effort to save her, he called Selena.

And as soon as the monstrosity she called a daughter was in arms reach,kara had babbled and laughed like she hadn't been dying an hour before. All signs of  of sickness faded and Kara was suddenly the healthiest baby in Argo.

It's the bond. Selena had said, they've been apart for too long. Reign has been suffering as well, Zor-El. Your ignorance will kill them both before their first black moon together.

Humph. As if he gave a damn what happened to the spawn of sin.

He would sever their bond if it was the last thing he did.

XXXX

And it was going so well at first.

He had a plan, a good one. Science had made their bond, hypothetically speaking, of course.The only thing stronger than science was Rao, so if science bonded them, Rao could sever them.

Or so he had hoped.

The palace of Rao's light. The most holy place on krypton.

He had set the ceremony,allowing only those who knew of Kara and Reign's existence.

Selena, Alura, Astra and himself.

The ceremony room was lit with candles. In the middle was a pool filled with clear, blue water, in the middle of the pool was a stone slab, rising only slightly above the water.

The water in the pool was as old as the planet itself. All seas,rain or any type of water was poisonous and acidic. The water in the pool had been the only fresh water source. The kryptonians lived on a liquid that had all the properties of water but was not water.
In fact, it was a mixture of the the two stones home only to krypton.

Red and Green Kryptonite.

It was a beautiful gem, but when liquefied each became deadly in their own respective ways.

But of course, science prevailed.

The children were to be placed on the stone slab, and Rao would judge their fate.

The water would change color depending on their fate. Three colors, three fates, three things that could happen.

Red. Green. Purple.

But they would still have a connection, the colors decide which. The ritual didn't sever the bond so much as weaken it. Bonds from birth were impossible to sever.

Red,they were bound to be eternal enemies. Hatred burning stronger for the other than Rao's light.

Green, they were bound to be freinds,with one always yearning for the other, unrequited love if you must.

Purple, fated lovers for all eternity, but it would be an unsteady relationship, it would hurt and destroy far more than it created. But they would always come back to each other.
N

eedless to say, Zor-El really hoped it was red.

XXXX

Zor-El placed the children in the middle of the pool.

He, as well as the rest of the people in this room bowed and started the ritual.

Bonded by birth
Though not the first
Unholy and unlawful
Forgive us our sins
But let not our children suffer
May Rao's light guide them
May the truth be uncovered
May the colors be true
Please release the bond between these two.

And then it happened.

The roof opened and Rao's light shone upon the two infants.The water turned a deep black color.

The rarest color to receive. Only one pair in kryptonian history had ever got it.

Black, A true bond. Be it freind ,foe,lover,sister or caregiver they were bonded eternally. They would always find each other and they could not breathe without the other.

A single plumarian rose fell from the roof, and it turned to dust as soon as it touched them.

They would have a bond like no other, the deepest love they had ever felt would be for each other.

For they had received the truest sign.

They had received Rao's blessing.

XXXX
910 words. Whoop, longer than the last one. Tell me what you think.