Chapter 5 : Preparation

"How long? " Kane asked, her face betraying no emotion. She refused to show weakness at such a time.

"By my calculations, " Jor-El sighed, and looked to meet her eyes "an hour at most, if we're lucky. "

"That's not nearly enough time! " Kane yelled out in rage, a sneer coming upon her lips as she turned violently to Non, knowing he was charged with making sure such critical information reached  their ears.

"Why weren't we notified of this sooner? Why would you wait for the last minute to tell us this? Our entire race could be wiped out because of your incompetence! "

"Calm yourself, general " Jor put his hand to the hilt of his sword,"or I will do it for you. "

Astra turned towards Jor-El and drew her sword. Jor-El was a fine warrior, a great general. His skill set was among the elite, but even he knew he was no match for Astra In-Ze.

"You will be in Rao's light before you even think of harming my wife, Jor-El. "

She said his name with such hatred, acid dripping from her tongue. And for a moment Jor-El truly believed she would follow up the many threats she had given him over the years.

"I had only learned of it recently, "Non said,  trying to ease the furious woman and get her to remove the blade at his throat "And by then, it was already too late. "

Kane calmed herself and released the general from her hold, shoving him into the wall in the process.

Seeing this, Astra sheathed her sword and turned away from Jor-El with a cold glare and walked to stand at Kane's side. She looked into her wife's eyes. Eyes that betrayed no emotion to anyone else,but Astra saw the truth behind her steely gaze. How the fear danced behind her breathtakingly green eyes.

But the firm command of none other than the pest known as Non brought her dark eyes away from her wife.

"We must prepare. Now. Get your men ready and be on standby for command. "

And if wasn't for the fact that they were going into a war that could very well be their last, Astra would have slit his throat for even daring to give her an order.

XXXX

Sorry for being gone so long guys! I accidentally deleted wattpad. I'll try to update as much as I can. See ya!