Chapter 3:Babysitter Astra.

Astra was not amused. Far from it, actually.

Kara and Reign had both just recently turned three. They were both extremely intelligent children. What else would you expect? They were being taught by the head scientist herself. As soon as they turned five Astra was to train them both.

Reign would not be known by society. Her mere existence was illegal.

Where as Kara's birth had been publicly announced, Kara was a gift and Reign was a secret.

But they were unspeakably close, their bond was strong.

And Astra loved her niece dearly. She viewed Kara more as her daughter than her niece. She was even quite fond of Kara's shadow.

But after they had performed the ceremony, Zor had taken to drinking away his sorrows.Alura had become more ruthless in her judge duties. Both of them were almost never home. Selena, no matter how much she denied it had helped raise both children.

It seems that Selena and Astra had become surrogate parents to the children.

"Astra."

Astra looked down at little blonde girl in front of her,she leaned down picked Kara up and sat her on her lap.

"Yes, little one? "
"Do mother and father not love me anymore because I am bonded to reign? "

Astra swore that she heard reign growl.

"No, little one. They love you very much. Just as I do. Forgive me, Lady Zor-El, but your parents are idiots. "

Reign snorted.

"You only realise this now? "
"I've known it for years, little shadow. "
"Stop calling me that. "

Kara smiled. She was glad her Aunt was getting along with her bondmate. She was just sad that Reign wasn't allowed to be seen by the public eye. But the little moments were special.

Her happiness was short lived.

"Lady Zor-El, Lady Reign , General Astra. "

Kane van-Lar nodded her head with respect. She was the only other person who knew about Reign and Kara. She was Astra's wife.

"What is it, beloved?"
"We have to go.They're here, and they want war. "

XXXX

339 words. Kane's name is pronounced 'kay-nee'. Who's here? Who wants war?
BTW Kara and reign speak like that because kryptonians mature and grow faster than humans.