Mine

~ 16 Months Later ~

There was begging, there was sadness, there was anger towards him, but Louis didn't care. The man vowed to leave Doncaster and never return.

The cool, spring air was a reminder of how much he wouldn't miss this piece of shit he called a town. It's not their fault, though, blame the mayor.

But as he packed his final bag in the back of his rental car, the hardened looks he received from the citizens of the town that actually watched him leave forever showed that they didn't really care about him. Just the fact that he was famous and got the town a bit of publicity. He was nothing great, except for his paychecks.

"Last chance," Josh stated, as his hand hovered with a pen over the document that showed the address to his new home, far away from here.

"Sign it. I hate what you've done to my home town and how you treat your citizens. You mum will be getting a call from me, Devine, don't you worry."

Josh scoffed and called him a dickhead on the outside, but on the inside, Louis knew he was absolutely scared shitless if his mum knew he had slept with a minor for his own gain. Louis and his Josh's mom went WAY back.

"You're so fucking stupid, ya know? I just don't get you, Lou. Always willing to be the good guy. Sometimes you should just leave things well enough alone."

Louis rolled his eyes, snatching the paper from Josh as soon as he'd written the last 'e' at the end of his name. "Last time I did the right thing and didn't leave well enough alone, I saved someone's life. So I think I'll pass on your offer." With one last look of pity of what Josh had become over the last couple of years, Louis was gone, leaving him to his ignorance.

So, he drove away and never looked back, the car ride lonely and sad, but it was for the best. His home was in Holmes Chapel now.

Finally, after a couple hours of mindless radio about young love and other bullshit like that, Louis was happy to be ay his new home, which was already furnished with everything he ever needed. And a little something extra, too.

"Uncle Tommo!" Louis hears a tiny voice boom out to him. As soon as he recognizes the voice, he beams.

"Hey there, Delilah," he greets the little girl standing on his new front porch. The girl squeals and runs out to him, her arms stretched to prepare to hug him. Her long, brown hair bounces as they embrace and her tiny arms have trouble wrapping around his body. He loves the little 6 year old.

"How was your drive?" her teeny voice asks as she pulls away to grin at him.

"Bland. It's a good thing your sister gave me that "5 Seconds Of Summer" cd. Otherwise, I'd have been bored out of my mind."

"Yeah, it was a bit boring here without you here," she admitted.

"Of course it was. I'm the life of the party." She laughed as he put her down. He really only had eyes for one person right now, and it was evident as he looked around, longingly.

"By the way, sweetpea, where's the wife?"

She gives him a confused look, her eyes looking especially green today, and doesn't answer.

"The 'wife' is a bit tired from the air travel, thank you very much," another voice booms from behind them.

There stood Harry, looking freshly cut in his new work suit and tie, a great contrast to his usual attire. Louis only smiled as he walked up to Harry, Delilah in his arm once more, getting the kiss he'd been waiting the whole drive for.

"Gross! I'm telling mom you're being fresh, Harry" the girl yelled, wiggling out of his arm. " and I'm going to see if Kaycee is up from her nap yet," she decided, going to see where her slightly older sister was. The men looked at one another before laughing at how crazy Harry's youngest sister was.