fifteen

𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙑𝙀 𝘾𝙇𝙄𝙈𝘽𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙂𝙃 𝙃𝙄𝙎 window, entertaining quietly as the music was blaring so loudly. He quickly made his way to the hallway, picking up his shield that was resting on the wall.

His head peeped out into the living area, eyeing the record player and the man only known as Nick Fury resting in his chair.

"I don't remember giving you a key," Steve broke the silence besides the music in the air.

Nick groaned to sit up, "did you really think I needed one?" The man eyed the captain, "my wife kicked me out."

"Didn't know you were married," Steve remarked.

"There's a lot of things you don't know me," replied Fury.

Steve walked further, "I know Nick, that's the problem." He went on to turn on the lamp to only see Nick's face bloody. He stood back, the director turned off the lamp and typed something on his phone.

EARS EVERYWHERE

"I'm sorry I have to do this, but I had no place to crash," Nick responded, causing Steve to look around his home.

The phone turned around to see another message.

SHIELD COMPROMISED

"Who else knows about your wife?" Steve asked.

YOU AND ME

"Just you and me," Fury stood up, one of his arms in a wrap. "Just my friends."

"Is that what we are?" Steve asked again, getting suspicious.

Fury nodded, "that's up to you."

In the quickest moment, bullets flew into Fury's body from the wall. Steve dropped to look at the man, eyeing something in the window and dragging him into the hallway.

Before he could locate who did this, Fury grabbed onto Steve, the captain looked worried as the man who just got shot at three times handed him a silver flash drive.

"Don't...trust...anyone," Fury breathes erratically.

The door bursted down as the same woman with the pink scrubs came in with a handgun. "Captain, I'm Agent 13, SHIELD special service."

"Kate?" Steve looked confused just as he sounded, all of this was happening way too fast for him to come up with anything.

"I've been assigned to protect you," Kate stopped looking at Fury's body.

Steve's voice boomed, "on who's order?"

"His," the agent and Steve both looked down at the director.

Kate pulled out a walk-ie talk-ie saying that their leader was down for the count. "Foxtrot is down! I repeat Foxtrot is down, we need emergency vehicles immediately!" She yelled, dragging Fury out of the way to protect him more that she already was.

"Do we have a twenty on the shooter?" the man inside the box asked.

Steve turned to the window to see a man and woman on top of the roof across from him, one with a silver arm and the other with her fist balled with fire.

"Tell them I'm in pursuit," Steve grabbed his shield.

After that, he hurled himself out of the window jumped into what looked like an office space. Steve looked up to see the two running across the roof, trying to catch them.

The super solider charged through doors, windows, walls, and rooms trying to catch the people that shot Nick Fury.

Both the assailants and Steve dropped down into another roof. He threw his shield at the two, the with the gifted arm caught it without any trouble.

On the other hand, the woman charged up he powers and threw crystal shards of fire at Steve down at his feet and legs. He stopped to look at them both, the man with the arm dropped completely and was never seen again from both Steve and the woman.

The woman looked around, her partner left her. This could have been an easy mission if Steve wasn't here to catch them, it would have been perfect. But that is what was always taught at HYDRA; if you're left behind, you are basically dead and they will not need you anymore. It was that simple for them to say, but all ends must unfortunately meet.

Going to back out, the woman with the fire fist went to jump from the building. That was interrupted by Steve hitting her in the back with the shield, she cried out as she dropped to lay on her back now.

She meant to throw another shard at the captain, but only to fail. Steve stood on the both of her wrists, crushing them immediately. Then he took the shield and held it close to her neck, the woman had lost this mission and her partner left her defenseless.

She squirmed under his force, wishing that she could fly herself out of here but with the way that her wrists were being crushed there was no time to do it.

"Don't move!" Steve yelled as he watched her struggle.

Sometime later, SHIELD agents dropped down from the sky and landed on the roof where she was still trapped. They roughly got her up from the ground, putting on handcuffs that blocked the mutant's powers and shoved her into the quinjet where she would no longer be Steve's problem.

Her mission was compromised, she'd been caught and that wasn't even an option to her. She was the most trained assassin in HYDRA legacy along with her partner, but she got beat down one time when the man she paired up with left her.

The agents yelled at her the entire plane ride back to SHIELD headquarters. They were going to have her head on a stake for being in charge of killing their director with envious reasons, and her job was to be on the lookout.

HYDRA was probably going to kill her.

With the way she messed up, the woman could have easily taken the captain if he hadn't crushed her wrists and pinned her down the shield.

She was in the biggest trouble of her life.

AUTHORS NOTE!

this chapter was way shorter then i thought i typed it as.

but we are seeing more of the woman soon aka aurora in all her glory.