eighteen

𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙑𝙀 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘼𝙐𝙍𝙊𝙍𝘼 𝙍𝘼𝙉 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙈 𝙏𝙃𝙀 authorities quickly, they exchanged their suits for more civil clothing. Aurora has on a larger t-shirt and grey pants with a hoodie that came to her knees, and Steve with a sweatshirt and sweat pants.

The two arrived at a hospital, both trying to hide out from SHIELD and HYDRA. They came to a stop when Steve pulled Aurora in front of a vending machine, staring at it.

"Steve, what are we doing here?" Aurora asked.

He grumbled, "I needed to get something but it's not here anymore."

Suddenly from behind the glass, the woman with the red hair now formerly known as Natasha Romanoff blew and popped her bubble gum.

He snapped his head at the woman, grabbing the two of them and pushing them into an empty. Steve pushed Natasha roughly into a wall, Aurora standing a few feet back.

"So we're taking criminals now?" Natasha smirked.

"Where is it?" Steve quietly asked. Natasha looked him dead in the eyes, "it's safe."

"Do better," ordered Steve.

Natasha searched his eyes, "where did you get it?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Fury gave it to you, why?" The red-head questioned

Aurora stood as look out, feeling uncomfortable watching her best friend question the woman that interrogated her hours ago. "What's on it?" Steve growled, still not shaking the fact that Natasha could be lying.

"I don't know," Natasha said calmly.

"Stop lying!" Steve hissed.

Natasha gulped, "I only act like I know, Rogers."

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" Steve looked down at the woman.

Nat took a breath, "well makes sense the ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in so do you."

Aurora could only watch, she was scared to speak in such a tense moment. The woman just got her brain to go back they way she remembered it, but it was all to fuzzy for her to think of anything and her memories coming back slower than ever. "I'm not going to ask again!" Steve pushed Nat harder into the wall.

"I know who killed Fury," Aurora caught a lump in her throat as Natasha said that. "Starting with that one over there," she eyed Aurora.

Steve turned to look at his long time friend, the same woman he saw over a hundred years ago and treated her like a sister.

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe they exist, but the ones that do call them the Winter Solider and Rogue." Natasha started. "The both of them are credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years."

Aurora's eyes went wide as she remembered all of those missions. All the buildings she burned down, killing hundreds at a time. Her and Bucky both ruthless getting their jobs done in the order as HYDRA set them. She could hear all the screaming and cries at the orange blaze never stopped growing, all at the touch of her hands.