twenty-four

𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙅𝙀𝘾𝙏 𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙒𝘼𝙎 nearly hours away from launching.

Nearly millions of lives were going to be lost if the plan created by Steve failed, and they cannot let that happen.

SHEILD workers were ready to launch the helicarriers until a clobbered noise screamed in all of their eyes. "Must be the dish," said a worker.

Another one got up from his seat, opening the door to see a group of unlikely people. Steve, Sam, Maria, and Aurora faced him with a stern looks, the captain came forward, "excuse us."

As the man moved to the side all of them walked through, Aurora last and flashed her sparkling gold eyes at the guard, scaring him completely.

Pushing them aside, Steve hacked into the intercom system and ready to start with the plan.

"Attention all SHIELD agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me these last few days, some of you are ordered to hunt me down. I think its time you know the truth. SHIELD is not who we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA, Alexander Pierce is their leader. The strike and insight crew are hydra as well, I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want, absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in the way."

"The price of freedom is high, always has been. And that's a price I'm willing to pay, and if I'm the only one so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Steve finished his speech proudly.

All eyes met him, each of them having some sort of courage inside them. Aurora smiled deeply, "that was amazing."

"Did you write that down first? Or was it off the top of your head?" Sam smirked, impressed by the soldier as well.

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙃𝙀𝙇𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙍𝙎 𝙎𝙊𝙊𝙉 began to lift into the sky, Sam, Steve, and Aurora started to run.

"Hey Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?"

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad!"

All there of them ran towards the ledge, Sam fired up his mechanical wings and Aurora glowed her powers and lifted herself in the air. Steve dropped down, taking down the men on the ground.

Meanwhile, in air, large guns fired at Sam and Aurora and they swerved around to miss them completely. "Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about!" Sam yelled into the intercom in his ear.

"You okay?" Steve asked.

Aurora scoffed, "we're not dead yet."

"Falcon, Rogue, status?" Maria chimed in.

"Engaging," she said while the two flew in the air, diving through all of the bullets spraying at them. The duo dropped down on the ship, Sam shooting while Aurora created massive balls of fire in her hands, throwing them at the enemies.

Sam found the entrance to the carrier, cutting in short when a jet locked onto them. The two of them flew away from it, ducking and flying low. At the end of the ship, Aurora threw a big enough charge at the jet, it crashed just as the two dropped down.

Steve made his way onto the first helicarrier, inserting one of their chips into the platform. "Alpha locked," one down, two more to go.

"Falcon where are you now?" Maria called out.

"Had to take a detour!" He yelled as he and Aurora soar past. The jet still chased them, locking on and releasing multiple missiles at them. Both of them flew in different directions, trying to get away from the thing chasing them. Aurora flew under the ship, making the few missiles explode.