Chapter 13

After that conversation we had, Jenny had been pampering me. A lot. She'd fix my hair, gave me really pretty dresses, shoes, even a few of her jewelries. She even offered to tour me around the Province. She said it was small, and that a day on the road would be enough for me to see all the beautiful places.

She was really happy, and so was I. I loved seeing her like this.

I couldn't imagine what she wouldn't give to her kids if she had them.

I don't know why she thinks it wasn't meant for her. It was, she'd be a good mother I just know it.

We were currently at the guest room, the one she lends me. A few dresses were laid down on the bed, and cute doll shoes were on the floor, near the nightstand.

She was showing me a bunch of rings, earrings, and necklaces. She put on a ruby necklace on me. It was so simple but it was so pretty.

"I can't take this" I tell her as I tried to remove it but she holds both of my arm and stops me.

"No, no! It's yours, I insist! It looks really nice on you."

"But—"

"—No buts! It's yours, okay?"

I gave up, "Okay. Thank you" I add. "It's really pretty, I like it"

She smiles at me and tucks a lock of my hair behind me, "I'm glad you do." She then proceeds to ask me, "What do you want for lunch? Pasta? Soup?"

"Pasta sounds nice" Though I've never really had one before. "I wanna try that."

"Okay. I'll go downstairs and make one. You go and check all these—" She gestures at the jewelry, "—and she if you like any more" She got up and left the room.

All of it looked so pretty, but I don't want to take anymore from her. She probably worked so hard just to buy these.

The necklace is enough.

I could feel eyes staring at me and out of instinct I looked to where it was. It was at the doorway where Jacob was standing. He was leaning at the doorway with his arms crossed.

"We brought those for our kids" He speaks up, "But as what she told you, we couldn't conceive."

"Yeah, you were supposed to have two kids?" I ask and he nods. He leans away from the doorway and walks into the room and sits into where Jenny was sitting earlier.

"She has issues with her Cervix, it was weak. We've gone to countless doctors and even they couldn't fix it. I tried and I couldn't." He tells me. "It hurts me a lot since she... She's always wanted to have children. She loves kids."

"I've never seen her this happy, not in a long time. Thank you" I could hear the sincerity in his voice, "Thank you so much."

"It's nothing" I tell him, "What I'm doing now is nothing compared to what she'd done for me, what the two of you had done for me."

He picks up a ring from Jenny's jewelry box, takes my hand and places it on my palm. "I want you to keep that. We were supposed to give that to our first child but..." He was quiet for a minute. "It would make Jenny really happy to see you wearing it."

I nod. "I will. Thank you."

He smiles at me, "Thank you, again." He got up from the bed and stepped out of the room.

I got a closer look at the ring. It was a simple ring, a thin silver with a small diamond in the middle. I put it on and admired it.

These people are one of a kind. Anyone would be lucky to have these people in their life. I'm happy I've met them. Who knows what would've happened to me if I stayed in that lab?