Chapter 28

They arrived at the rooftops after what felt like hours inside that elevator. The city looked horrible; hell on earth, basically. All the buildings were on fire, cars crashed on roads, and a bunch of dead walking down the streets.

How could someone do this? These poor people didn't deserve any of this. Sapphire thought as she stared at the view of the city in front of her.

"Helena" Leon spoke up.

"Yeah?" His partner spoke up.

"Is your phone still working?" Leon asks as he takes something out of his back pocket. It was a cracked phone.

She pulls out something from her pocket and presses a button, the screen lights up. "I guess so" She mumbles.

"Can you put a call into F.O.S.?"

"Already on it" Was her reply. She put the phone down and pressed something on her earpiece and began to talk to someone. Sapphire paid no mind to the conversation Helena was having on her device. Sapphire just kept her eyes on the view of the city.

"Good news" Helena said after a few minutes. "A rescue Chopper is coming to pick us up in ten minutes."

"Thank God" Sapphire sighed; feeling a heavy weight being lifted off her chest. Sapphire glanced at Jake and he looks back at me. He puts his arm on the younger Muller's shoulder and she leaned closer to him.

Where would we go now? It won't be safe at our old place, and we wouldn't have the money to avail a visa to live in another country. Sapphire's thoughts made her worry.

"How are you feeling?" Jake asks.

"Fine"

Sapphirr was happy they were finally safe, but there was still that tiny bit of bitterness in her because of how Carter had died. It was a quick one, he didn't deserve that. For Sapphire, she wanted him to suffer worse. She wanted him to turn into one of those monsters.

Because she thought of him as one.

The things he's done... and the things he planned to do.

Jenny... Jacob... the two people she missed so much. The sacrifice that they did for her is one thing that she will never forget. Sapphire looked up at the sky and saw a bunch of stars shining.

When I was a kid I always thought stars were a bunch of angels looking down on us, Maybe one of those stars are Jenny and Jacob. Maybe they're still watching down on me up until this point.

"You sure?" Jake asks, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm sure" Sapphire reassures her brother. "Thanks for saving me."

"It's nothing." He tells Sapphire.

"Sherry?" Sapphire calls her attention.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for saving me, and thank you for keeping an eye on Jake." Sapphire pulled away from Jake and huged Sherry. She froze for a moment but returned it.

The two both pull away from each other and they smile at one another.
The rescue chopper arrived after a while. Two soldiers stepped out and with their guns raised, but they weren't aiming it at them. All of them boarded the chopper and the two soldiers followed. The chopper began to lift itself up in the air.

We're finally getting out of here.