Chapter 20

"Not here. She's at an underground lab up north. I heard she's being kept locked up by some bachelor. That's all I know."

"You better not be lying about this" Jake warns her.

She scoffs and sets a hand on her hip, "I've told you everything I know. If you don't want to believe that then that's on you" She then adds on, "Better hurry. I heard they have a plane on standby at the lab."

Sherry and Jake rushed past her and they stopped in front of a double door. Sherry said that this was where she was going to meet up with Simmons, but from the looks of her body language. Jake saw that she was hesitant.

"If what Leon said was true," Sherry started before turning around to face Jake, "I want you to run."

Jake scoffs, "What?"

The smirk on Jake's face falters when he sees the serious expression on Sherry's face. "Promise me. You'll run, and you'll go save Sapphire." She adds.

Jake sighs, raising his hands in the air as he answered, "All right, I promise." He tells her.

Sherry nods and proceeds to open the door and they rushed inside. The young pair saw Leon and his partner aiming their guns at the guy who was at a higher floor who Jake assumed was Simmons. The one at the top have guns drawn on the Leon and his partner too.

"Wait!" Sherry rushes to Leon.

"Ah, Agent Birkin. Perfect timing, kindly hold these two into custody, won't you?"

"They said you were involved in the terrorist attack, is it true?

"What, are they screaming at the streets waiting for anyone to listen?"

"ANSWER ME!"

"It's for the benefit of the United States and Global Security"

"Can't see how killing the president is good for the country!" Leon shouts as he glared at Simmons, his voice laced with anger.

"The president is dead?" Sherry asks as she looks at Leon.

"Well, we have Leon to thank for that" Simmons says with a smirk as he waves his hand. I just knew the guy today but I hate him too. I wanna punch that smirk off that face.

"God damn you, Simmons!" Leon's partner shouts. She was pissed and Jake could understand why. Simmons had that higher-than-thou attitude and it irked Jake.

Simmons tells something to his men and they began to fire at them. Jake quickly pulled Sherry to the nearest wall, following Leon's movement.

"So, what do we do, hero?" Jake asks Leon.

"You think you can make it to that door?" He moves his head to the side. Jake's eyes looked to where Leon was pointing and saw an unguarded exit.

"Why don't we just waste them?" Jake points out.

"Because I need you to take care of Sherry" He replies.

"What are you gonna do?" Sherry asks.

"Finish Simmons" Leon's partner replies. Sherry pulls out a memory card and hands it to Leon.

"There's information there that could stop the C-virus. Simmons wants it."

Leon takes the memory card and stuffs it in his pocket. "I'll put a call into F.O.S. and put you into protection, now move!" We ran towards the door as they gave us cover. When thew two were close, a bunch of J'avo's came out of nowhere.

They both began to fire as the J'avo's charged at them. One of them swung a machete at Jake but he managed to dodge it. He kicked the J'avo and shot its head.

He was firing at the other two heading his way when he heard Sherry shouting his name. Jake turned to her and saw that she was being dragged by two J'avos. She was struggling agaisnt the zombified men, telling him to run.

"Sherry!" Jake was about to help her when he was pulled back by three of them. He was struggling against the men who were holding him when he felt something hit the back of his neck and everything went black.