Today

Zayn's POV

A/N: Surprise!!!!!!!!! He's alive!!!!!!!!!! Also, the image attatched is Liam tearing, which will be relevant by the end of this chapter.

I woke up, the smell of the hospital all too familiar. When I looked out the window to the hall, I could see my family sitting with their backs turned. The sight made me smile. Then I turned the other way and saw...Liam? What the hell was Liam doing here? What the hell am I doing here?

Imustered all the strength I could get and stood up slowly. He was sleeping so I tried my best to keep quiet in hopes not to wake him, but I wasn't strong enough to stand yet and ended up falling over on the ground and hitting the medical supplies with a loud crash. Liam perked his head up.

"Zen?" He mumbled. My God his morning voice is sexy.

I couldn't move from where I lay. Then without warning, I began to cry. My body shook and my head ached. What was happening? What's going on? The room felt like a broken disco ball that wouldn't stop spinning. My vision blurred and I heard Liam yelling something like "ZAYN MY GOSH STAY WITH ME...NURSE, HE'S PASSING OUT!" followed by the sound of my family's footsteps and the frantic shrieks of the women on the medical staff.

I felt warm and comfortable in his arms so I decided to close my eyes and I slept.

-

Liam's POV

I was pacing back and forth, eying the hear rate monitor the entire time. I was staring at the the doctor poke about at the pack of blood they were giving him through an IV, when the doctor's face went from a casual expression to panic in less than a second.

"Uh, Mr. Payne, Can I uh talk to you for a second?" He asked in a hushed voice.

"Sure Doc. Is there something wrong?"

"Well your boyfriend lost a lot of blood when he...erm, had an incident. So we've been giving him blood through an IV. But I've just realized we've been giving him the wrong blood type." He said, quite embarrassed.

"What in bloody hell is this supposed to mean?" My voice was rising.

"This means, that we will have to drain his blood out then give him more blood after that. But he will be in pain when we remove the blood."

"There's no other way?"

"No... if we leave the wrong blood in him, it will kill the other blood cells that are in his body. He'll die."

I shuddered at his last two words.

"So, if we do the transfusion, he will survive?"

"Well, there is no guarantee, but his chances of surviving without it, 0%"

"Okay, I guess we have to"

"Okay, I'm going to need you sign some papers for this, since you're the closest thing to family here right now"

I took them and scribbled my name on the dotted line and handed them back, quickly wiping my tears with one swift motion of my thumb.

"Okay, we will begin the procedure shortly"

•••••

Short chapter, again. I'm sorry. It's hard to update during weekdays since I'm so busy with schools but I'm trying my best to give you one a day, even if it means this short, crappy thing of a chapter so bear with me. :/

Vote/Comment/Follow x