Chapter 4

Alessio
Where is Tom? I sent him out five minutes ago and told him to be back in five minutes. It's hard to find decent help these days. All people want to do is screw around and not get shit done. My door opens and in comes Tom.

"Your-your c-coffee, sir," he says all out of breath.

"About time! When I say I expect you back at a certain time, I expect you back at that time. Understand?!"

"Y-Yes, sir," he says with fear in his voice.

"Get out." He exits the room. "God, people just piss me off sometimes. Lorenzo! Get in here." Lorenzo walks into my office eating a chicken wing.

"Yes, boss?" He nibbles on the chicken wing.

"Do you ever stop stuffing your face? You're going to end up fat one day, and instead of you being able to save yourself I'll have to save your ass." He just laughs and throws the bone out the window.

"Non ho fatto nessuna azione ultimamente, fratello?" (Not getting any good action lately, brother?)

"Vaffanculo." (Fuck off) He just laughs and sits down on the small couch in my office. "I wanted to ask you about that add you put out. Did anyone register?"

"Actually, yes. A Miss Grace Collins. She's 23, she knows how to cook, clean and was a nurse at New York General."

"Was?" I ask. I didn't someone who was a screw up fucking up my lifestyle.

"She quit, Alessio." Interesting. I wonder what made her quit.

"Set up an interview, Lorenzo. Oh, and make sure she's on time tomorrow morning by eight o'clock sharp." He nods and leaves my office. Grace Collins...let's see what you're made of.
———————————————————————————
Grace
"I did it, Erica. I applied for the job, and I got an interview for tomorrow morning!" Erica and I were at her place sitting on her sofa watching Netflix and eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream when my phone chimed saying I got an interview. I decided to take my grandfather's advice and not be below people. So, I quit my job and applied for the one Erica sent me.

"See bitch, I told you, you could could do it. Never doubted you for a second." She winks at me.

"It all still seems a little sketchy. Hell, my whole life does."

"What do you mean?" She ask. Her mouth full of ice cream.

"First, clean your mouth. Second, my mom showed up at the hospital yesterday to see me."

"Wait. Pause. Back the hell up. Your mother came to see you?!" I nod. "Your mom, the devil women herself, came to find you?"

"Yes, Erica. She found me and told me she wanted to stay with me. I obviously told her no, but I wonder why she's getting in touch with me now. After everything, she just now develops and wants to see me. No, something is totally wrong there."

"Maybe she finally started doing drugs. I mean, with her damage I wouldn't be surprised if she started doing them before she saw you." I hit her on the back of the head causing her to drop the ice cream carton. "No!!! You monster!"

"Get a grip, Erica and start think logical. Ever since my grandfather's death she's been strange, and I mean stranger than usual. What is she hiding." I murmur to myself.

"You know what you need?" She asks while she tries to salvage what's left of her ice cream. "You need a night out on the town."

"Oh, no, no, no. Remember what happened last time you took me out? I ended up doing shots; which led to me to start dancing and stripping in the middle of the club. Sorry, but not sorry, I'm not going."