Chapter 30

ATTENTION! This chapter contains scenes of graphic violence. Proceed with caution. Enjoy!
———————————————————————
Grace

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The constant pounding coming from my heart against my chest. I watch Alessio back away from Antonio with a smug look on his face. He twirls the knife-like object in his hand and lets out a dry, chilling laugh. Antonio just sits there tied in the chair with some cuts and blows already on his face that he got from Alessio. My guess is that this could only get worse from here.

"So, let's start with an easy question shall we." My ears shoot straight up as Alessio starts talking. "Who the fuck are you working for?"

Antonio spits out blood from his mouth and smiles. "Like I would ever tell you." He spits once more. "Go fuck yourselves."

The poorly lit room erupts with small pits of laughter. Some men in the room chuckled softly whilst others simply shook their head. I raise my eyebrows and look around the room. Am I missing something? This is like math class all over again, me not understanding a damn thing.

"This mother fucker really wants to die, doesn't he." This time the voice came from Lorenzo. Now I was genuinely curious about what was going to happen next.

I watch with cautious eyes as Alessio puts down the tool he was holding and looks at Antonio's left arm that was tied to the chairs arm. He grabs what looks like a rag and ties it around Antonio's mouth like a gag. He takes his finger and starts pointing at each of Antonio's fingers.

The room goes dead silent as Alessio finally stops on Antonio's pointer finger. He grasps it tight and with one twist there's a snap ringing through the room.

My cover my mouth to stop from gasping as my whole body immediately twitches at the sound. I hear Antonio try to scream but it's only muffled by the rag. Alessio moves to his other hand and snaps another finger. At this point, Antonio is trying to break free even though there's no way he could. He picks the knife bag up and begins making long precise cuts on Antonio's forearms. Blood pooling out slowly from every cut as if it caused more pain to the person. Which I'm sure it did.

Alessio pulls off the gag. "Want to make this easy on me and start talking?"

Antonio spits right into Alessio's face. "Is that all you've got, figlio di puttana?"

Alessio snaps his fingers and the gag is put back on by some of his men. While this is happening, I hear water start to run. I look over and see them filling up a bucket. Alessio puts a rag over Antonio's face and forces his head back. I watch as his men bring the water over and begin pouring it on Antonio's face.

When the bucket runs out, they fill it up again and repeat the process. One bucket. Two buckets. Three. They were going to drown him if he didn't get air soon. To be honest, I enjoyed watching the bastard suffer. Alessio raises his hand and his men stop pouring the water on Antonio and remove the towel.

"Ready to talk, fucker?" Alessio says.

Antonio sits up gasping and coughing up water. Then, he does something unexpected. He starts laughing, laughing like a mad man. His wet hair dripping down in front of his face; he looks up and makes eye contact with me. His mouth breaks into a sly grin.

"You really want to know about who I work for?" He spits up some more water. "Well, why don't you ask her?" He motions his head to me.

I feel my body suddenly get cold as all eyes are now looking at me. My eyes never leave Antonio's until I hear Lorenzo speak up.