Chapter 15

3rd POV

*Somewhere in the Bronx*

Night falls over the buildings in the Bronx.  The sun setting as the darkness luminously coves the the city like a blanket. 

Children running back into their apartments to eat a hot meal their mother's have presented for them, workers on their way home from a ten hour shift at the office just to provide for their families, people all sitting together sharing stories and memories from the past.  Almost a perfect evening for the night.

Almost.

As the darkness takes over the city, out come the tyrants of the dark.  People who steal what they want: thieves.  Gangs who thrive off dirty money and illegal activities: mafias.  People who kill because they can't have everything they want: murderers. 
A shifter who comes in the form of disease, starvation, a bullet: death.

Ambulances whiz down streets, cop sirens echoing in the night, gunshots pouring throughout the city.

And somewhere, in an old abandoned building, Evil is awoken by the cries of its victims, the screams of people as it inflicts terror, the constant thirst for power and domination over its own race. It's own human race of which Evil enjoys their suffering.

Evil, is a man by the name of Santiago Costello.

He is known for notorious crime ranking anywhere from illegal drugs to sex trafficking. He shows no mercy to anyone who dares to disrespect him or cross him. He is one of the most feared men in the world.

He is the leader of the Mexican Cartel.

"Is it done?" Santiago asks his informant.

Santiago had someone on the inside of the Sicilian mafia to gather information for him about Alessio Romano, and when he found out information he would report it to his informant.

"It is," his informant tells him. "Romano is well aware that we are declaring war, and he has no clue about our inside man."

"Good." Santiago takes a sip of his scotch. The burning liquid moving down his throat and into his stomach warming him from the inside out. "What of Steven?"

"As far as I know, your man said he's still alive in Romano's basement. He couldn't get him out without being seen."

"Tell him don't bother getting him out. If the fucker was stupid enough not to get out of the crossfire in time, leave him to rot down there."

"Yes, sir," his informant nods. "There is one more thing you should know, sir."

Santiago sets down his scotch and turns to face the man. Santiago had a long retching scar running down from his eyebrow past his nose. No one really knows the full story of how he got it. If anyone dare ask, they would end up in body bag the next day.

The informant clears his throat, "We believe Corredora is here in New York."

Santiago's eyes automatically go wide as he walks towards a map of New York pinned to the wall.

"Where?" He asks through gritted teeth.

"That's just it, sir, we do not know. We tracked Corredora as far as this state but that's it. Gone under the radar once more."

Santiago rips the map of the wall tearing it in two.

"Fuck!" He screams. "I want everyone of my men scouring every inch of New York! The Bronx, Queens, Staten Island. Every single city. Do you understand?!"