Chapter 9 What is this feeling?

You were woken from a dreamless sleep when Nøkk shook you awake.

You:What is it?

Nøkk:We're approaching the base, just thought I'd wake you.

You nodded and looked through the cockpit window, you were getting closer to the base like Nøkk said. After a few minutes Marius landed and you slid the door open and hopped out. Even though she said she was fine and that she could do it herself you still helped Nøkk out of the heli and Gustave walked onto the roof.

Gustave:What happened?

You:We were set up, the target was a fake, he was wired to blow. I'll have to talk to Harry about it.

Nøkk:I'll be fine Doc.

Gustave:With this amateur patch up? You wont be fine.

You:Hey, it was either that or nothing.

Gustave:Nothing would have been better.

You lightly punched his arm causing him to chuckle. You left Nøkk and Gustave alone as Gustave had brought what he needed with him, you went to Harry's office and without knocking you walked in.

You:What the hell was that mission?

Harry was busy doing some paperwork and other legal mumbo jumbo that you didint care about.

Harry:What do you think all this paperwork is? Im still trying to figure out what happened, the intel I got left out some details and since Nøkk got hurt I go.....

You completely zoned out and at that point you just wanted to leave.

You:Alright Harry, I understand.

Without saying anything else you walked out and put your SR-25 in the armory but when you did Ela was there and you avoided her gaze to hopefully avoid a conversation, but it was no use.

Ela:Ive heard that-

You:Let me guess, you like Nøkk, or you've made out with Nøkk, or Nøkk likes me. You know Im getting really tired of hearing this, its not that its getting under my skin and I might "crack" soon, its that its annoying and its all that my friends talk about.

Ela just looked at you and walked out without saying a word. You sighed and walked to the canteen grabbing an apple, you sat at the FBI SWAT table where only Jordan was sitting.

Jordan:Heard what happened on the mission, is Nøkk alright?

You:Beside an injured leg she's fine, how's Yumi doing?

Jordan:Well we're working on an upgrade for her X-Kairos, other then that just casual couple things.

You:Well, something has been going through my head for a while, and Ive been thinking about it.

Jordan:If its about Nøkk I wont say anything, I can tell us talking about it is starting to annoy you. Plus you've been going on a lot of missions lately, so you must be stressed.

You:As a matter of fact, it is about her, I just can't get this feeling out of my head. When Im around her I just feel comfortable, she seems to be the same way, plus I actaully went and got my hands dirty this time, and that rarely happens.

Jordan let out a small chuckle and crossed his arms.

Jordan:You're right, usually you just hide in a tree and snipe people, so what exactly are you saying?

You:Well to be honest, I like her, just something about her attracts me.

Jordan seemed taken aback by what you said.

Jordan:Your serious? We were all joking when we talked about it, shit.

You:Now you know, I would totally appreciate it if you didint say anything.

Jordan:Dont worry, your secret is safe with me.

You gave Jordan a fist bump and walked to your dorm, when you walked in you saw Nøkk laying down on the bed with her helmet on the table. You walked over to the fridge and grabbed a Coke, you sat on the couch and started watching more of The Office. Midway through you just got the urge to call your parents, you grabbed your phone and dialed your dad.

Father:Hello.

You:Hey dad.

Father:Y/N? Is this my son? Is the same person that said he was going to make a difference in the world and come home?

You:The one and only.

Dad:Oh you sound so different, let me get your mother.

You:'Oh no.'

Usually when your father would get your mother she would either be upset or really happy, you were nervous since you haveint talked your parents in a while.

Mother:Is this my boy?

You:Yep.

Mother:Why haveint you come home yet!?

You were startled by her sudden outburst and responded with your causal tone.

You:Mom, I just cant leave and come home, I have to either ask, quit, or retire.

Mother:Then do one of those things! And when you do make sure to bring home some milk please.

She handed the phone back to your father and he was laughing nervously.

Father:Well anyway John Wick, remember when you said I want to be as cool as John Wick?

You chuckled and answered truthfully.

You:Yeah dad, I do, but now I realise I can never be as cool as John Wick, hell no-one can be as cool as John Wick. Keanu Reeves on the other hand is a god among men, so I cant even think about competing with him.

Father:He's truly breathtaking isint he?

You:Oh you have no idea.

Your father laughed, you realised how much you missed his laugh, mainly because it made you laugh.

Father:Anyway Mr. Wick, I should go, your mother needs me.

You:Nice talking dad.

Father:Same here son.

He hung up and you put your phone down, you needed to think about the future, you could do what you wanted, move into a beach house and maybe get married, or you could go back to your parents.

You:'Screw it, I'll do both when these animals are put down.'

You resumed watching the office and after you finished your Coke was when the "Oh god please no" meme came up, which caused you to start dying of laughter. Deep down you still enjoyed very childish things, a few minutes later you heard Nøkk get up from the bed and sit next to you, thing was she was pretty close to you, closer then she's ever been before.

You:How's your leg?

Nøkk:It's fine, Doc said it should heal in a few days, Harry told me Im stuck here until It's healed.

You:Better then going out on the field right?

Nøkk:It will be nice to have some peace and quiet, but the only shame is that if you leave then I'll have no-one to talk to.

You:Really? I thought you would have made some friends by now.

Nøkk:Making friends isint something Im good at, I used to be good at it though.

You:Well guess Im a lucky exception.

Nøkk:Meaning?

You:You made a friend out of me, so I guess you're still good at it.

Nøkk:At least you think so, but I have something to tell you.

You turned to face her, and your brain exploded.