Prolouge

My name is Annabeth Chase, I'm 17 almost 18 and I live at Camp Half Blood. I originally lived in the palace. However, after Percy's dad (King Poseidon) and my mother Athena (Main Adviser to the Queen herself) died in a rebel attack we were sent here for protection.

Percy and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. We grew up in the palace together and our rooms were right across from each other.

Me and Percy aren't here alone though. Other kingdoms have sent their children here as well. The Italian Prince Nico and Princess Bianca di Angelo (don't know how to spell. Sorry). The French Prince Jason and Princess Thalia Grace. And of course the Stoll Brothers not really royal but, they still come. Of course, Princess Lizabeth and Prince Tyson of Greece, Percy's siblings. They are the best. Tyson and I connect through reading and we like to talk about books we read. Liz and I mainly just gossip.

I'm not sure when I started falling for Percy, but it can't have been that long after I met him. Of course, everyone thinks he likes me too but me. Thalia and Liz gossip about it nonstop.

But... it's all going to change with the upcoming Selection. We all knew it was going to happen it was tradition. We would be leaving in a few days to go back to the castle. He would be choosing 35 ladies to compete for his heart. It made me SO jealous!

Hope you enjoy the story!