Dinner at Steve's

Thor was at Steve's apartment, cooking steak and waiting for the other man to come home. For half a month Thor had been spending the weekdays, and it seemed to be working toward improving Steve's mood. It made Thor happy to know that he was helping, no matter how strangely the smaller man acted from time to time. He felt himself growing closer to Steve and wondering why, no matter how adorable it was, Steve got so flustered at random: It happened very often. Thor finished preparing the steak, ensuring that it was medium rare, the couple's favorite, instinctively smiling at the sound of the door opening. The taller man found that he got very excited whenever Steve came home, something just drew Thor to the smaller man.

"Hey Thor, I'm home," shouted Steve.

"I made steak for you, Steve," responded Thor

"Thor, you don't have to cook for me all the time I can do it myself."

"But you're still going through something difficult. Come, Steve, I made your's medium-rare."

"Do you memorize everything I like," spoke Steve, feeling bashful.

    Thor noticed Steve slipping into his shy demeanor, and feeling mischievous, he approached Steve. Thor knew that moving closer to the smaller man made him blush deeper, and to Thor's pleasure, he got to see the precious flush on Steve's cheeks.

"Are you feeling well, Steve, you look ill," said Thor, cupping Steve's cheeks.

    Steve didn't know how to respond to all the attention Thor was giving him, not to mention the crush on the taller man making it hard to concentrate. All Steve could to was stare back at Thor, distracted by his sky blue eyes.

"I... I... Good Thor," was all Steve managed to sputter out.

    Steve game a small yelp yelp at Thor suddenly picking him up bridal style. Thor walked him over to the couch and Steve wanted to protest, tell Thor that he was a fully grown man capable of caring for himself, but passing up an opportunity to feel Thor's strong arms around him was too good an opportunity to pass on. Steve felt himself be laid down gently, he looked up at Thor, trying his best to be mad at Thor: He failed.

"Nonsense, Steve, you were burning up when I felt you," pretend scolded Thor, "If you're feeling ill you should save your strength. Now, I will go get your food for you."

    Steve watched as Thor walked away, totally no thinking about his biceps. Thor came back with both steaks on two plates and handed Steve his with a smile. Although Steve hated being treated like a defenseless child, he ate his meal excitedly. If the last two weeks taught him anything, it was that Thor had become a fantastic cook, especially his steak. Once Steve finished ravaging his meal, he turned to see a proud Thor with a smug smile.

"Did you like men cooking for you, Steve?" Asked Thor, looking to Steve's empty plate.

"It was ok," responded Steve, even smug, Thor's smile was still terrific.

"You have Mario Kart!" Screamed Thor excitedly.

"Yeah but I hardly play it."

"Could we play," continued Thor, practically exploding.

"Sure Thor," chuckled Steve, walking over to the TV.

    The Nintendo switch was already set up, so all the smaller man had to do was hand Thor a controller to play with. They began playing, and Thor stayed silent, laughing from time to time when Thor trash talked him, or just listening got whatever remark Thor made about beating his ass.

'God I wish you would,' Steve thought. Out Loud.

"What?" Asked Thor.

"Oh... Ummm." Steve stammered before being cut off by Thor booming. Luckily for Steve, Thor had just won, distracting him from the comment. Thor wrapped his arms around Steve and crushed Steve as they both fell down on the couch, repeating that he was the best. Steve laughed, as Thor squeezed it out of him with his infectious energy. Thor finished celebrating and let Steve go.

"Jeez Thor, you won one game," Steve said, grinning at Thor.

"Only because you wanted to me to beat your ass." Thor winked at Steve, turning him red again. "Now let's play once more." Demanded Thor.

    They played for an hour more, and Steve continued to let Thor win, if only to see him giddy and excited again.

'God he's so cute.' Thought Steve, catching glances at Thor while they played.

'But I doubt he'd ever give me a chance.' Continued Steve. 'Plus, I'd probably end up messing up any chance Thor would give me like I did with Peggy.'

    Steve's mood took a dark turn as he continued to think about Peggy. Thor noticed this, and tried to be peppier to cheer Steve. They finished another set of races and Thor turned to Steve, hoping his pep, had helped Steve's mood, but to no avail.

"I'm gonna go to bed now Thor, see you tomorrow." Spoke Steve, flatly.

"Are you feeling ok Steve?"Asked Thor.

"Yeah, I'm just tired."

"Goodnight Steve," Thor said, with a concerned smile.

    Steve only looked to the ground and left. Thor was alone on the couch, his heart hurting after seeing his friend so upset. Although Thor had only been staying with him for a short time, he felt himself connecting profoundly with Steve. This strong bond Thor felt kept him determined to help Steve through his rough time.