It's Been a Long Long Time

***
Sorry for taking forever to update. I needed to register for college classes last minute, then I got sick and needed to rework some plot points of the overall story. Hope you enjoy it :).
***

The couple was at Thor's house carrying in Steve's belongings and listening to music through Steves phone as they moved in the smaller man. Luckily, Steve decided to sell all his old furniture and all there was to move in were some boxes. Right now he was carrying three medium-sized boxes into the home, Thor holding another three, the last three. It was a two-story home, with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Steve was going to get around asking how Thor got it but instead ogled the interior of the house, which wasn't only big but also well-furnished. Steve could tell that the items even in the entrance were more expensive than the average TV. Continuing into the kitchen revealed marble counters and a long dining table big enough for eight. Steve wondered how Thor was okay sleeping on his cheap couch in his tiny apartment. Going through the hallway, Steve could see paintings along the walls before going up the stairs and traversing another corridor into Thor's room. The master bedroom only made it more apparent the wealth Thor came from, a giant bed only dwarfed by the sheer size of the room. Steve set the boxes labeled clothes in the walk-in closet before Thor joined him.
"Is that everything," asked Thor.
"I think there's still some more in the trunk," Responded the smaller man.
As Thor left, Steve smiled, moving into a new place was hard work, but the chance to spend more time with the man he loved mad it worth it. Well, Steve was until the song currently playing ended, and the next track played. To most people, it was just a normal oldie, but to Steve, it was the only real thing he learned about his parents before they left him at an orphanage and never came back. It was his mother's favorite song. The same mother who promised to come back but never did. Never even called. The woman who abandoned Steve because he wasn't good enough for her.
When Thor came back, Steve had stopped playing music and was just sitting at the edge of the bed, staring out the window.
"What's wrong, Steve?" Asked Thor, snapping Steve out of his trance.
"Nothing I'm just tired," Steve lied, hoping his voice didn't crack.
"Is this everything," Continued Thor, skeptical of Steve but not wanting to force him to speak.
"Yeah, that's the last of it," Steve said, somberly.
"Let us take a break then, I have lemonade."
"That sounds amazing," answered Steve mouth-watering.
The two traveled downstairs into the kitchen, Steve taking a seat while Thor brought lemonade out of the fridge. As he poured two glasses, Steve attempted to compose himself, putting on a convincing smile, not wanting to worry Thor.
"Here you go," exclaimed Thor, handing Steve his glass and sitting with him. "You seem thrilled to be moving in with me."
"I am," responded Steve, telling the truth while still fighting off childhood trauma.
"Was your previous landlord really that awful," asked Thor.
"Yeah, I didn't get my deposit back for not cleaning my mailbox properly."
"Then it is a good thing you won't be dealing with a landlord here, I own this house."
"How were you able to afford this place?"
"My father passed it onto my mother along with some real estate. All of which belong to me now," explained Thor.
Even hearing the word mother grated Steve's heart.
"I didn't know you owned property, I just thought you were secretly a mob boss or something," admitted Steve.
"Most of the property is in terrible condition, and for the past year, I've been working on repairs." Continued Thor.
Steve grabbed Thor's hand, his still slightly trembling, "I believe in you Thor, you're the most hardworking person I've ever met, and I know you're capable of handling anything life throw at you."
"Have I ever told you how much I love you," responded Thor, squeezing Steve's hand.
"Yes, you have, I love you too."
"Let's go unpack."
Thor raced upstairs excitedly, while Steve followed slowly, continuing to suppress his anxiety. When Steve made it to the master bedroom peeking through the crack in the door reversed Thor examining a black box. The box which contained all fo the smaller man's toys. Steve felt embarrassment flood his body as Thor reached in, pulling out handcuffs, rope, and a blindfold. Steve watched Thor examine the object, embarrassed as Thor put the items back in the box. Once the coast was clear, Steve walked into the room, avoiding eye contact with Thor.
"We can try those out later," teased Thor, turning Steve red.
The pair were only able to finish organizing Steve's clothes into Thor's walk-in closet before night fell and the two lay in bed, exhausted. Packing Steve's belongings and bringing it to Thor's home was enough for the day.
"Are you okay, Steven," asked Thor.
"I still haven't been able to find a job, but I'll find something eventually," responded Steve, avoiding any talk about his emotions.
Thor turned to Steve, meeting his gaze, "Take your time, Steven, I wouldn't want you settling for some shitty job you'll hate."
"I don't want to take advantage of you letting me stay here, rent-free, Thor," defended Steve.
"The house is paid off Steven, rent is not an issue."
"You know what I mean, Thor."
"Yes I do, but I also love you very ugh and am willing to wait as long as is necessary."
"Thanks, Thor, I love you too," answered Steve, giving in to Thor.
"Now that that's out of the way, how are you really doing Steven," posed Thor.
Steve wanted to lie to Thor, tell him that moving out tired him and that he'd feel better with rest. In all honesty, a good night's rest would definitely rejuvenate Steve enough to help him hide his problems. Steve turned to Thor, who was waiting patiently. I could lie, but he genuinely cares and just wants to help me, thought Steve, fine, here goes nothing.
"A song played earlier, it was my mom's favorite song. It's also one of the only things I remember about her. It reminded me how I felt when I was left at the orphanage I grew up in. It reminded me of how I wasn't good enough for her. And it made me feel like maybe I'm not good enough for you either." Steve answered, tears streaming down his face.
Thor wrapped his arms around Steve and held him close, as the smaller man sobbed into his chest. He waited, giving Steve all the time he needed to feel his emotions. Once the smaller man was done crying, Thor spoke.
"Don't worry Steve, I love you and would never abandon you without a second thought like your parents did. You're perfect and more than enough for anyone, and I definitely want to keep you in my life. I love you."
"I love you too," said Steve before Thor kissed him. He began crying once again, only this time, due to the overwhelming love he felt for Thor. The taller man continued kissing him, hoping that the kiss was passionate enough to show Steve how much he mattered to Thor. They broke apart, laying in each other's arms until they fell asleep peacefully in one another's embrace.