Singing In The Rain

*** Here's a thicc one for you all. Enjoy :)***

- Thor Odinson -

Loki walked alongside Thor, through the noisy apartment complex undergoing substantial repairs. All around them were men carrying planks of wood and tools as they entered and exited doors. When they reached the staircase, which was also being redone. Thor thought to himself, How do you destroy a concrete staircase. Walking through a door revealed a broken window being measured by one man and two other men replacing rotted wood on the floor with new planks.

"It is still in a rather rough condition, isn't it?" Asked Thor.

"It's better than it looks; actually, I give it about a month before you can start moving in tenants," replied Loki.

The two stepped out into the hallway, Thor choosing the door across them as the next room to walk into. This room didn't have any broken windows or rotted floor planks, only crack in the roof that dripped into a bucket on the ground. Thor beamed, thinking back to three months ago when standing on the second floor was impossible due to safety concerns. Thor faced Loki, who was avoiding direct eye contact with the man.

"Thank you for the help brother, I appreciate it."

"Don't thank me just pay me, Thor," responded Loki.

They continued through the complex, Thor intent on seeing every inch of the complex.

- Steve Rogers -

Rogers looked around the room full of chairs filled by other interviewees. A familiar sight, seeing that this was his fourth interview in two weeks. Turning his head to the left showed something new, a young man sitting next to him, with what Steve hoped was a pet tarantula crawling along his chest. The boy looked down at his pet, then up to Steve, who was still watching the boy in horror.

"Hey, I'm Peter Stark," the boy said, holding out his hand.

"I'm Steve," he spoke, inching away as the tarantula crawled towards Peter's hand.

"Oh," exclaimed Peter, "This is Quentin, my service animal."

"Hi Quentin," whispered Steve, unsure what the proper response was in this situation.

"You seem nervous, but I'm sure you'll do great," continued Peter.

The boy did make Steve feel better, but not with his words, it was the fact that Steve's chances were better off if some kid with a tarantula was at the same interview as him. The door of the interview room opened, a woman looking around the room.

"Peter Stark," she spoke.

Peter got up, waving goodbye and checking his arm to ensure that Quentin was still with him. Steve sighed in relief, feeling his skin crawl at the thought of the tarantula crawling along his body. The woman walked out of the room, unexpectedly quick and announced to everyone that the position had been filled. Steve immediately recalled the name of the company, Stark Industries, and looking up Peter Stark revealed that Rogers had just met the son of a billionaire. Nonetheless, that made five failed interviews, stressing the hell out of Steve. The man walked out of the room, traversing a hallway, and stepping into an elevator. As if the universe was taunting him, the only other person in the elevator with him was Peter. Steve pushed the button for the ground floor at the same time as Peter pushed for the second floor. Steve almost screaming at Quentin on the back of Peter's hand. He hoped that the next ten levels were the fastest descent of his life.

At the ground floor, Steve practically ran out of the building only to be met with heavy rain. Even better, Steve thought, shielding himself from the rain with his arm. When he reached his car on the side of the road, he was drenched and freezing. Steve fumbled with his keys before opening the door and jumping into the seat, rubbing his hands to generate heat once the door was closed. As soon as he was able to feel his fingers again, Steve slumped back into his seat, rubbing his eyes as he thought about his employment situation. Putting the keys into the ignition and turning revealed that the universe hadn't had enough of making Steve's life difficult. The engine didn't start but instead made a terrifying noise.