Where We Met

Steve took note of how far they were in line, and how nervous Thor seemed to get as the pair got closer. Thor seemed to squeeze his plushie tighter as Steve could hear the screams of another round of riders being dropped. Thor felt his arm being hooked onto by Steve's and looked over at his boyfriend, feeling comforted by his contact and warm smile.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to," spoke Steve.
"No I promised and i love you so I'll do it." responded Thor, feeling butterflies in his stomach at the offer.

By the time they were at the front of the line Steve was certain that Thor's nerves would suffocate the stuffed lion in his arms.

The young woman working at the Infinity Drop took the plushie and put it in a designated safe place before allowing the men to take their seats. Steve giggled excitedly as he secured himself into the seat of the ride. Thor on the other hand simply looked up at the sky anxiously.

Steve reached to grab his boyfriends hand, causing Thor to flinch and squeeze his lovers hand in return. Thor turned and held eye contact with Steve, feeling his nerves calm down before the ride jerked upward, beginning it's ascent. Thor let out a small yelp as it did, feeling another rush of adrenaline course through his body.

"I love you babe," assured Steve, as he squeezed Thors hand once again.

Thor felt his heart melt, hoping he could hear those words for the rest of his life, imagining it with Steve as he often did.

"I love you too," replied Thor, tears welling up in his eyes.
"It'll all be okay babe," continued Steve.

Before Thor could even respond the ride reached the top and began dropping them at high speed. Everyone onboard screamed with excitement, including Thor who was laughing joyously as the ride stopped them at ground level once again. Steve came out of the ride just as happy, sporting a huge smile that Thor couldn't resist. Thor stepped off the ride and immeidatley took Steve in his arms crushing the smaller man.

"You are the best thing that ever happened to me," squeezed Thor "and you have the most beautiful smile too."

Steve felt himself blush heavily, surprised that Thor still could affect him like that after being together for so long. After that the whole day was spent in a similar fashion; the two men winning playing games and riding attractions together. The only difference throughout the day being how much closer the pair felt as the day went on.

Eventually night fell upon the fair and the two men enders up in Thor's car at the end of a long day. Steve nibbled on what was left of some cotton candy while Thor reached into the glove compartment and handed Steve a blindfold.

"Put this on," demanded Thor.
"Why?" asked Steve, feeling blood rush to his cheeks.
"One last surprise for our anniversary," replied Thor innocently, "but we can try that too if you're also feeling eager later tonight."
"Shut up," responded Steve as he put on the blindfold.

Thirty minutes later Steve felt the car stop and heard the keys come out of the ignition.

"Can I take it off now?" Asked Steve.
"Umm sure," Replied Thor.

Thor watched Steve nervously, hoping he'd remember the university they both attended and originally met each other.

"Hey we met here," spoke Steve through a smile.
"Do you remember where exactly," asked Thor.
"Wasn't it in the courtyard?" replied Steve.
"Yes, do you wanna go?" continued Thor.

Steve decided to follow Thor to the spot they met, not the nicest or biggest courtyard in the school but it was the one where Steve met Thor all those years ago, so it meant the world to him It was right in front of the fine arts building where Steve ran into Thor and dropped a bunch of books, only to look up and see the most handsome man he ever met. Steve knew he liked Thor since the day he met him and could only stare at Thor in awe as he picked up his books for him and apologized profusely.

"God how cliché." scoffed Steve, still lost in thought
"How we met?" asked Thor, from behind Steve.
"Yeah, I dropped my books and everything." continued Steve.
"So you're not one for clichés?" said Thor, pulling something out of his coat.
"I don't mind," started Steve, before he turned around to Thor kneeling before him.

Thir grabbed his hand and Steve felt his heart race.

"Steve I love you more than anything in this world," spoke Thor, holding a small black box with a diamond ring up in his hands, "Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"
"Yes," replied Steve, with tears welling up in his eyes and love filling up his heart.