42

-2 days later-

hey

BELLA

OMFG

[Cassie is calling...]

"Bella, oh my god, I'm so happy you picked up! WOMAN! It's been so long!"

"Yeah..."

"What's wrong?"

"We never got that sleepover we talked about, I'm really sorry. We'll plan something this week, I promise."

"No it's okay, its not that. Just- something came up."

"What is it?"

"Lila passed away..."

"WHAT? WHEN?"

"Just a few days ago."

"Why didn't you tell me? How could I leave you to feel like that? Oh my beautiful baby bestie..."

"I'm okay."

"Lila's been your dog since you were 9. You can't lie to me. I know your feelings."

Bella laughed sadly.

"Yeah..."

"I'll give you a hug at school and some chocolates okay?"

"No, don't waste money."

"You're going to school again right?"

"Yeah..."

"Also, it's not a waste if it makes you feel better!"

Bella smiled.

"What kind of best friend do you peg me for huh?? I love you! I need you to know that you can count on me for anything!"

Bella's smile faltered.

'Anything but hanging out when I needed it.' Bella thought to herself.

"Cassie, I know you love me. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay... just call me whenever you feel like you can't take it. It's okay to cry, you know?"

"I know."

"I love you, Bella."

"I know."

"B*tch say it back! I'm an insecure being!"

Bella let out a laugh.

"I love you too, Cass."

"By the way, you should really talk to Damian."

"Why?"

"Because he's been worried. He was the first to contact me and tell me about how you ran out."

"Oh."

"I see."

"Did you tell him?"

"No, I literally just found out why you were absent for like 2 days."

"Right, right."

"I'm sure he's been trying to contact you."

"Mhm."

"Please don't shut people out, Bella. We're here for you."

"I... I know. I'm sorry."

*beep*

She couldn't bear holding a conversation any longer. She crawled into bed. Tears stained her cheeks, her eyes puffy from crying. Lila was the only one who ever truly stayed loyal to her. The only one to never leave her for someone else. Taking a pillow in her arms, she lied down on her bed, hugging the soft material tightly.