Chapter 6

Ever since the incident yesterday, Naruto kept distracting himself with levelling up his fuinjutsu. Sighing, he just decided to take a walk around konoha. Meaning by a walk around Konoha— "Naruto! Why did you paint the whole anbu base pink?!"— and enjoying the quiet was the whole opposite of that plan.

"Baka, your base is so dull, that I had to color it." he stated grinning, "Besides pink is a wonderful color."

The jounins who were chasing Naruto begun to yell in anger. He just smiled, and continue to jump on one roof and another. Being chase by the jounins was just a daily task for Naruto; might I say a warm up.

Naruto didn't focus on the jounin yelling at him, his mind us clouded from thoughts. He look up the clouds thinking, Can I try learning father's ultimate jutsu.

Naruto had learn many similar jutsu about his father's pride jutsu, but it didn't satisfies with him at all. He got tired from running away, so he took shelter on  the rooftop and hid his presence.

The jounins passed him without seeing him. Naruto giggles quietly and was about to leave when he heard a voice.

"Hey."

He turn around and come face with Nara Shikamaru, the most intellegent boy in his class if he shows it. Taking a breath Naruto look at him with his mask "Hello Shikamaru, what are you doing here?" he said and the Nara just shrugged.

"Well this is the place where I watch the clouds; that answers your question, and Naruto you can drop the mask." Shikamaru stated with an expressionless look,  "You're not fooling me."

Naruto drop his grin to look at the boy seriously "How did you know?" he asked with malice in his tone. "I thought I hid it very well."

Shikamaru just gave him a knowing smile and said, "True you hid it very well, but not well enough for me to know."

"On the first day at the academy, I knew you were holding back at Sasuke and I saw the weights hidden in your sleeves.", Naruto just look at him stun before smirking. He cross his arms infront of his chest and gave the Nara boy the look.

"You're quite smart seeing, that you're a Nara. Fine I admit that I'm holding back, so there happy." he told him.

There was an akward silent between them, but it was broken by Naruto asking, "So what are you doing?"

Shikamaru look at him lazily before groaning "How many times do I have to say that I'm cloud watching." he stated making Naruto laugh.

Naruto shook his head in disbelief looking at the Nara "Mind if I join you." he says and the boy nodded. Naruto lay down on the bench next to Shikamaru, he relax his body, and watch the sky.

He sighs watching each clouds pass by; Naruto smiled happily thinking— This is quite relaxing—  He felt his body calm and his mind clear.

"Enjoying yourself Naruto."

He just smile and said, "Yes this is enjoyable." without looking at the Nara. The duo lay there enjoying the silent and watching the blue vast sky.

"Wanna play shogi sometimes Naruto." Shikamaru asked which Naruto replied with a yes.

Naruto was now eating a cup of ramen, while sitting on a rock at the middle of a water fall. He watch the sun setting in the distance, sighing like a furnace with a woeful ballad. Naruto decided he had stayed to long and went home.

He stood up, and you can see the three-pronged kunai lying around the area. Naruto sighed tiredly while rubbing his bruised arm. He growled remembering the mistake he made in the seal, and his low concentration.