Chapter 7

Road trip

You can hear smacks, punches and kicks echoing in the woods. Naruto intercept an incoming punch and counter it; however Jiraiya caught it and use his strength to flip over his shoulders. Naruto slammed hard on the dirt, as Jiraiya trapped him in a headlock.

He gasped as the pervy sage block his air supply; he tried to wiggle out, his hold seems to go tighter. He was turning purple, so he finally surrenders.

"F-fine I-I give up."

The old sage just smiled and released him. Naruto falled to the ground and greedily sucks the air, he look back still panting with a scowl to his teacher. Glaring he said, "I could die Ero-sennin."

Smiling, the old sage replies, "It's training besides, I'm teaching you what's your limit is." Naruto frowned deeper at that, but smiled when he heard him say, "But still for a kid who always use kenjutsu, your taijutsu is not bad as well."

He jump up; smiling at his mentor. Jiraiya couldn't help but smiled back "Come on let's take a break." he said as he begun walking to a town with Naruto following him. He was happy that Jiraiya was back to train him, but sad when he left Konoha for the summer.

He sighs sadly that he couldn't hang out with his friends. Naruto shook those thoughts away when they are finally seating down in a cafe. He heard the old sage ordering and asking him what he wants. Naruto just shrugged and told him, "Anything is fine."

When their food is serve, Naruto quickly digs in. After done eating, they paid for their food and hit the road. While walking, Jiraiya lectures Naruto about different kind of strategies and about ninja using elementals jutsu.

"So Gaki since you know your affinities, would you like to learn 3 new jutsus base on them?" Naruto look at his sensei and think for a moment before finally agreeing. He grinned "Well my affinities are wind, water and fire, but fire jutsus are not my strong points." he stated while Jiraiya nods listening.

"Well water is common for an Uzumaki, air is to rare and I think you inherited a little bit of the fire affinity from your dad." he explains and Naruto gasps in awe, "Ok brat, this is the jutsu were gonna practice today..."

Now foot burning, Naruto quickly jump out from the hot coal. He yelps in pain, as he blowed on his burning foot. He glared at Jiraiya, who was smiling. What a jerk, he thought and went back to the burning coals. As he was about to place his foot, he heard Jiraiys saying.

"Don't resist the heat, brat. Just mold the chakara in your feet, and concentrate on feeling it; not fighting it." Naruto let out a breath, stepping back to the devil heat thinking, Be one with the heat. He follwed his teacher's advice and closed his eyes to focuse on his breathing. Ten minutes passed, and he felt relax.

Then he heard Jiraiya shouting, "Now since you done the first and second stage. We move on to the 3rd stage, now form the hand seals Snake → Dragon → Rabbit → Tiger and shout 'Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu'."

Naruto begun focusing his chakara to the jutsu, and opens his eyes. "Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu." he said as large flames spits from his mouth. It quickly travel forwards in a straight direction to a boulder. Upon contact with the target, the area around is now engulfed in flames. He heard Jiraiya clapping "Impressive after three days you finally mastered this C-rank jutsu." he chuckles.

Naruto blushed bashfully at the compliment "Thanks." he mutters.

Jiraiya just smiled and ruffled his hair. He's hand still on his head "Come on I had a mission to complete and you boy will help." he said and Naruto couldn't help, but smirk.