Chapter 13

Mike had gotten home from school and was now waiting for his father to come home. He'd made up his mind: he was going to tell his dad about what was going to happen tomorrow at the football game, just not how he knew. Sort of like an anonymous tip.

"Mike I'm home!" His dad's voice came from the foyer. His dad then walked in to the living room and found Mike sitting at the dinner table. "You alright pal?" He asked, seeing the serious expression on his son's face.

"Dad, I need to tell you something really important," Mike said slowly, already nervous. His dad came and sat down in front of him.

"Is this about what you said yesterday? Is someone at your school in trouble?" His dad asked. Mike nodded. "Is it Connor?".

Mike shook his head. "It's..." He paused for a moment but fought back his inhibitions almost instantly, "Finn Gregson,".

"The Footballer guy that you don't like?" His dad asked, confused.

"Yeah that's the one," Mike replied, "I know that this isn't going to make any sense, but, I know that something really bad is going to happen to him during tomorrow's football game and I don't know how else to stop it other than..."

"Having me and some of my comrades ready to stop it," His dad finished his sentence. Mike nodded again. "Mike, how do you know that something bad is going to happen?" His dad asked.

So much for not telling him! Mike muttered in his mind. He simply shook his head. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you Dad – please just make sure Finn doesn't get hurt tomorrow – I wouldn't have come to you and the NYPD if I didn't think it was this serious," He replied. He hated keeping secrets from his dad, but until he figured out a way to prove to his dad that it was true, he wasn't going to even consider telling him.

"Mike... You know you can tell me anything," His dad said to him, seemingly sensing that Mike was hiding something.

"Dad..." Mike began, he paused to think for a moment. "Let's just say that I've got a way of learning things that is a bit out of the ordinary and it's a pretty reliable way of learning things – that's how I know what's going to happen tomorrow," He said. His dad nodded.

There was a long pause.

"Mike here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to say that I got an anonymous tip to my Chief and then me and Stolz are gonna arrive at the school before the game," His dad said finally.

"Okay, the thing that's going to happen will happen in the Boy's locker room after everyone has gone out for the game," Mike said.

"Alright Mike – you did the right thing telling me," His dad said. Mike unexpectedly pulled his dad into a hug. "Mike what's wrong?" his dad asked. Mike even noticed that he was acting strange, but he knew he couldn't help it. These powers, as wonderful as they were, were also starting to strain him.

"Something is happening to me dad, and I don't know how to control it, don't know if I can – and I'm scared," Mike whimpered. He was on the verge of crying.

"Mike, it's all going to be okay," His dad said, soothingly. He hugged his son back. Mike could've pondered in the idea that his dad already knew about his powers, but right now, it didn't matter. His dad had told him what he needed to hear.

And that was enough right now.