Spider-Boy, I Mean Man

If there was a camera in the lab Peter was looking into it like he was on the office. Could he not have three minutes of somewhat normal life.  His "normal" internship was being flipped upside down by two Avengers that as much as he looks up to, he did not want them to figure out his alter-ego.  

Luckily Stark cut the silence, "so what brings you two up here?" he pointed a piece of scrap at the two as he talked. 

"Just some information about our mission, we wanted to see what you had to say about it." She side eyed Peter as he was pulling up holographic blue prints for the new Stark Phone. 

"Oh yah the whole mission to bring in Spider-Boy"

"Man" Peter mumbled under his breath".

"Peter did you have something to add to the conversation?" Romanoff raised an eyebrow at Peter's defensiveness. 

"Oh nothing Miss, I just.... I just stubbed my toe." Lying to three avengers was probably a stupid ass decision but she let it slide. After she turned away Peter started to feel light headed. In his rush to the tower he had failed to notice that his stitches had ripped and that blood was starting to seep out of it. 

"So we had some suspicions about who he is, we narrowed his location down to Queens." Clint was hoping for a reaction but watching Peter turn stiff as a board and pale was only partially it. 

"Hey kid are you alright?" Tony asked as Peter collapsed to the floor he was breathing heavy and blood started to stain the floor. Peter lost consciousness as he felt his body being picked up and put down on a cold surface.

"Tony he'll be fine," A females voice spoke.

"I'm not leaving, he's my responsibility, I should've known that he was injured. This is on me."

"Tony we need to talk, we can leave him for just a minute. He'll be alright, Clint can stay." 

"Can we not discuss this in here, he's unconscious still." Tony was stubborn as hell.

"He's been awake for this whole conversation." Nat stated it as if it was obvious. 

"Peter can you hear me"

Peter kinda jerked up after that, "Yah I'm fine Mr. Stark, I should probably get back to work. This won't happen again." 

"You can be damn sure this isn't happening again. You should've told me you were feeling faint or that you had a major injury.  A stab wound is not something to shake off." He had a point but it's not like Peter was going to walk into the lab and be like 'by the way I was stabbed yesterday, just thought you might want to know.'

"Also Bruce looked at you did you do those stitches yourself, you were just asking for an infection." 

"They weren't that bad. I've done stitches before, I know what I'm doing."

"Oh do you now. Do you have a medical degree? I don't think so . Let someone here do them or go to the damn hospital. " Really his intern who apparently does his own stitches and is above going to the doctor is now acting like it's nothing. 

"Tony." Nat looked from him to the door. They both left but not before Tony looked down at Peter  with narrowing eyes, his kid was a goddamn handful. 

"What is so important that we need to talk now?" 

"Clint and I think Peter might be Spider-Man." 

"Peter, Spider-Man? You've got the wrong kid, Peter's scrawny as hell, he a nerd not some strong vigilante who runs around and breaks the law. Leave the kid alone." Tony shook his head, Peter is a good kid who is in no way a masked vigilante, the kid couldn't lift twenty pounds nonetheless a building. 

But Tony had strongly underestimated the kid's strength and the fact the he has super-human hearing. So Peter was fidgeting and loosing his mind. They were going to pin him as Spidey it was just a matter of time. Peter checked his phone and noticed it was almost time for him to leave.

"Hey Mr. Stark could I head to the lab and grab my things." Tony just nodded his head and walked off he needed some scotch about now. 

Once in the lab Peter scrubbed his work area of anything possibly related to Spider-Man. Before he could leave Natasha made her way in the lab. 

"So web-head what's it like hiding your identity. It sure seems like a lot of work."

Peter metaphorically and maybe literally shit himself. She knew, there was no batting around the bush. "So do you have to take me to S.H.I.E.L.D or something because there is no way in hell, tell eye-patch I'm not interested."

Nat almost laughed, "I won't take you to Fury on one condition. Call me if you're in trouble and no more stitching yourself up. (I know it's two conditions, deal with it)

"Okay" Peter was shook that he wasn't being taken in but really what would Miss Romanoff gain from it. Maybe all she wanted was leverage. Regardless he bolted out after saying goodbye to Miss Romanoff and Tony on his way. He let out a sigh of relief as he reached the street. His identity was compromised but she seemed trust worthy still something told Peter it wouldn't last. All good things come to an end eventually.

Word Count: 901

As promised this chapter is up "in the morning" except it is currently 1:37 A.M. here so enjoy my sleep deprived work.