Sometimes the Best that We Can Do Is to Start Over

So yes you're probably as confused as Peter is except you're in a metaphorical pile of rubble and his is a bit more literal and a bit more lethal. His bones ache and maybe he really needs a psyche evaluation right now but now just isn't the time and maybe there is never really a set time for anything. Sirens scream in the distance and civilians shout out their concerns. Why the hell some random fifteen year old is lying smack dab in the middle of an old crushed up wad of bricks is beyond and laws or gods. Maybe everything was meant to come to this point he could give up, bleed out and never need to face his identity problems with Spider-Man, or explain to Mr. Stark why he is always so fucked up hell, Peter would never have another responsibility or pain in his life if he just gave up. But really since when does Peter just go down without a fight, he fought every damn criminal in New York that he could get his hands on and he never stopped looking for Ben's killer so why now would he stop. Why now would it be fine to abandon Zack or any of the other kids at the orphanage, or leave Mr. Stark with his death on his conscience. He couldn't fuck up anyone else's lives, they just didn't deserve that.

So no Peter wasn't going to quit because quite frankly that's a lame ass way to end a story. But his body tore its self apart every tendon and every muscle to life the multi ton building off his shattered skin. He breathed in the dust. He exhaled the dust. Everything he did was clouded in what felt like ashes. His mind swayed and he coughed. Somewhere a fire had started maybe it had been a gas line because a funny feeling worked it's was into his brain, like laughing gas at the dentist office he was going under.

Then be blacked out.

Tony was fucking freaking out and not in a a few shots will fix this kinda way. His fucking kid had plummeted a good sixty stories off his massive ass tower into another building and nothing on earth could save a fragile kid from that fall. He stood motionless and his armor stood like a shadow. New York went silent for a split second. His kid was dead, there was no other logical explanation. Tony stark was the worst mentor in all of the realms. He let an innocent basically twelve year old jump out of a window and all he did was freeze. Peter was dead because of him. He picked up a screwdriver and threw it at his glass desk. It shattered, everything he had been working on thundered onto the white tile floor. He could have saved him.

"Friday scan for his body."

Friday answered oddly enthusiastic for a situation where a kid died,"there is a body on the twenty third floor. It appears that there is an elevated heart beat.. "

"Friday, did you say a heartbeat" Tony's face had paled.

"Yes boss there appears to be a body which is Peter's he has an elevated heartbeat and..."

Tony didn't listen to the rest his suit attached to him and he flew down to Peter's supposed location.

"Peter! Can you hear me! Peter!" He only got thunder and the beginning of a heavy rain shower in response. "Friday scan for Peter and help me get him out of here." To day he was panicking was an understatement. Peter should be dead right, only a superhuman or something like the hulk could survive this while having previos injuries.

Back to Peter:

Everything was wet and cold. Dirt seeped into his open wound the brown murk infesting his relatively clean and open skin. He could hear Tony but his throat had been damaged in the collapse and talking wasn't within reason none the less screaming. He let out his attempt at a hoarse scream and the rat next to him still was louder with his squeaks he just had to trust that tony would find him.  He felt arms lift him as he fell into a sort of fever dream.
"D...ad, I wish today had never happened,"Peter croaked out while his eyes spaced out and rolled back. Every part of his body screamed as rain sliced into his skin, for a moment he wished he could join his mom, dad, aunt and uncle. He wished for peace.

Word count: 788

I know I'm sending out a few very short chapters here but it's what I got so take it or leave it. Thank you for reading-M

P.s. also if you ever catch any of my references feel free to point them out I love seeing people catching those.