It's Just a Flesh Wound

Walking up to the tower Peter felt like he'd been hit by a train and dragged across the tracks. His beaten face and green-ish yellow bruises stuck out like neon against his pale complexion. There was no way in hell he was going to avoid a long lecture about the importance of taking care of yourself and probably another examination in the medical wing. As he walked through the sliding glass doors he felt fingers nails crawling up his spine, he was being watched. Maybe it was just the surveillance cameras sending his spidey sense off the rails or maybe Miss Romanoff was in the building but to be honest he was really praying it wasn't the latter of the two.

He stepped into the elevator and was pulled from his overthinking by F.R.I.D.A.Y.  "Peter it appears you have major bruising across more than half of your body, at least one minor fracture, and possible internal bruising if not bleeding. I have informed boss of your condition." FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, REALLY FRIDAY! NOT EVEN A HEADS UP I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THAT. Peter was going ballistic he needed out of the elevator and back downstairs now!

The doors opened on the med bay, and Tony stood with his back facing Peter. Nothing was said, and neither of them moved. It was like a tense seen before an old western shoot out or maybe the final moments before the big fight in an action film. The lights flickered slightly and Tony sighed. "This is the second time in two days that you've been injured."

"I can exp..."

"Peter I don't want lies, I don't wan't to hear that you fell down the stairs or some guy tripped you. This is so much worse and it's like you don't get it! You come in here everyday with some new bruise or open wound and blow it off as nothing!"

"Mr. Sta..." 

He cut him off, "No Peter the adult is talking! I just don't get it how can you be so smart yet you keep getting into this shit. Are you being bullied, is something wrong at home? I just can't see my favorite (only) intern leave everyday and come back looking worse. That's on my conscience and I feel like I am responsible for you and it's on me if you're hurt. I'm your mentor and maybe I'm just doing something wrong here!"

Peter was red hot and his breathing was shallow and rapid, this was all going so far south. It wasn't Mr. Stark's fault, Peter blamed himself. 

"I just can't help you if you won't talk to me Peter." God why the fuck did he have to care so much, why does Parker luck always drag him down when someone cares. Peter's eyes were darting around the room this was just too much. 

"Peter stop!"

Peter didn't look back. 

He ran to the window.

He unlocked the frame.

And he felt himself plummet towards an old building.

Tony screamed and Peter almost couldn't feel the collision.

The bricks fell, the structure shook, and Peter smiled.

This was fine, maybe he was destined to never accomplish anything. 

Maybe it was all Parker luck.

But maybe this wasn't fine, maybe he needed to accomplish something. 

The bricks fell faster and the walls closed in, so Peter screamed.

Tony ran for his suit and Peter cried under the pressure.

And he felt himself suffocating in an old building. 

He struggled under the weight.

He regretted his decisions.

If only he'd looked back.

If only Peter Parker had stopped.

Word count: 602

I know this one is short but I don't know something about it just felt right. Thank you for reading-M