You're Not My Dad

"Peter, open up, please," the knocking continued at his door. 

Peter didn't respond and the knocking didn't stop, "FiNe, CoMe iN!"

"Pete can you come down please I made dinner and the team is really worried, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I'm just frustrate, I want you to trust me and I never want for you to feel like you need to hide anything, especially anything dangerous from me. Please come down, Pete."

Okay so maaaybe Mr.s Stark was making a clear, loving, and logical proposition but really he was fuming, why should Tony be able to yell at him and then pretend like everything is fine when it's clearly not. So yah Peter was going to be a moody little bitch about it. 

"I'm not hungry," Peter grumbled right as his stomach growled twice as loud, oh so convincing. 

"If you get... hungry come down stairs Pete, okay, or I'll make Nat come in here and give you an earful." Tony shut the door slowly as they made eye contact. 

Peter really needed to check himself before he messed things up worse but maybe it'd be better if Peter was alone, just him and his thoughts with no one else to hurt or maybe he's just selfish. He rolled over in the web hammock as it swayed under the shift. He couldn't go back to sleep after his previous nap but he also didn't want to talk to the Avengers after his careless unmasking stunt earlier, what would they think of him? What would he become to them... a criminal, a liability, or maybe they'd run tests on him like they should with a genetic freak like himself. Even Peter didn't quiet understand what made him spider-man and maybe it's better that way.

Peter laid there for hours just staring off, partially aware of his surroundings and at other times in the darkest parts of his mind. All of his doubts  and insecurities after his literal rise and fall this year from meeting Mr. Stark to his well... literal fall. Everything just came so fast and he could feel the wind being pushed out of his lungs, and his throat closing. Everything started to blur, he started to shake, and he could feel the buzzing of all of his senses suffocating him as he fell into a web of his own making. 

Nat had been on her way to check on her little spider as Friday advised her to hurry up and be prepared that Peter was 'in a compromised state' as she had put it, which was rather vague. 

"Peter can you hear me, it's going to be okay, can you follow along with my breathing." Everything else that followed was a blur for Peter Nat humming softly to him in Russian, him crying, the apologies and finally him breaking down in her arms. Maybe he'd be okay or at least he wouldn't be alone. He'd been holding so much in, he felt so alone through all the ups and downs and even though he never said a word there was a mutual understanding that sometimes you don't need to verbally explain because no one has the answers even if they made the decisions because sometimes things happen on a whim. 

Not everything in life is planned, hell most of it isn't planned and sometimes it takes a fall to realize that you can't control how you get to that point but you can try to find your way back up. So that's where Peter was at, he had no way to go any further down so he had to climb because he couldn't live with himself if he didn't change. This was his chance with his new family to make things right, to never forget the past but to move on, together.

Fuck it ya'll I've been gone so long, and I'm very sorry for that but hey maybe it's fate that that Covid-19 brought us all back together because I don't have school and guard has been cancelled so it's story time my children. This story honestly feels resolved from my perspective so if ya'll want any chapters to tie up loose ends please suggest them and I'll try and add bonus chapters this week or over the next whatever time period. But yah I really want to make a new story that's been inspired by a few authors I've started reading so if you're interested stick around but thank you for waiting for this long awaited-possible conclusion. I love all of you, please stay healthy my dears-M