-Story-

Iwaizumi Hajime. The man I have loved for years, unanswered, unrequited, but I still love him deeply, passionately, almost obsessed. It is why I let our relationship die. Why I left him, never started conversations anymore, making up excuses to cancel our meet ups.

But now, almost 6 years after graduation, 5 years since I last saw him, he has invited me to his wedding. I am 23 now, he has just turned 24. It is mid summer, so the wedding is outside. I am nervous, hurt, I want to run but I feel like I am glued to the chair I am sitting on.

Not a single face I know here; it seems he has moved on faster than I thought he would. Suddenly, the music stops. Everybody turns around. So do I.

Iwaizumi looks absolutely stunning. He looks the exact same, just a bit taller, mature. His aura has definitely changed. It feels less warm, more careful. It breaks my heart. What happened to him? Why did he build walls around his heart?

I don't have much time to think about it. His wife-to-be walks in. She is a normal girl, exactly what I would expect from Iwaizumi. She isn't ugly, but she doesn't stand out. She seems perfect for him. I can see how much she loves him the moment she enters the room. Her face red, a big smile shining like the sun. Yes, truly someone Iwaizumi would fall for.

But he isn't looking at her. He is looking at the spot right behind her. His face looks relaxed and happy, but his eyes look numb. What on earth happened while I was gone? I frown, but quickly put a smile on my face again as I can feel some weird stares from my right.

The ceremony is short and nothing special. I don't hear what they are saying, lost in thoughts. I am finally able to see Iwaizumi again. But he has changed. Not in a good way. All kinds of scenarios run through my head, each one worse than the one before it.

I immediately snap out of it as I hear my name. That's right. Iwaizumi asked me to give a small speech. I prepared it, but I am not in the mood to read all these nice words right now. It is not the right time. Not the right setting. But I don't care at all.

I walk up to the small stage they prepared for the speeches. I take a deep breath before speaking up, closing my eyes. 'Iwaizumi Hajime. The amazing man that I used to call my best friend. I am sorry for leaving you. I am sorry for lying to you. I love you.'