Chapter 20

(Ok so, for the record: I haven't updated this story in almost 2 years. Despite my abscence from both my wattpad and the UT community, this story is still close to heart and I want to at least give it somewhat of a satisfying ending before I 

a) permanently leave wattpad

or b) make a New story

all of this I should have figured out before the end of this story, but for now I'll just work on this whenever I feel like it. 

Also please note that it, again, has been 2 YEARS since I last uploaded anything, so if my writing style is inconsistent from the previous chapters please keep that in mind. Thank you for reading.)

Blue= Azure (I don't really remember his canon name)

Encre's p.o.v

Once I was far away from the main path, I realized what I had done. In the moment, I'm sure I didn't quite think about what I was doing, but something tells me that the part of me that missed the village made me take such a sudden decision. Looking around me, I felt like it was almost like a blackout: I had just automatically wanted to get back, get HOME. But was it really? Sure, I did have a house and family and friends, but all of that was practically forgotten once Fallacy had managed to sweep me off my feet. 

I let out a sigh. I wasn't going back anyways. 

Wandering around, I couldn't help but notice how lively the forest was during the day. Rays of sunshine shone through and lit up the area, sending an almost relaxing feeling through me. It reminded me of the day I first stumbled across the path to Fallacy's castle. It had been quite dark and the foggy weather hadn't made it any better. This was completely different. 

The further I walked, the more I felt like I had been here before. There was something... oddly familiar with the way that the grass split in the middle of where I was walking, like there had been somebody walking here countless of times. Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to follow it. 

--------------

No Wonder this felt familiar! 

As soon as it ended, the path led out and into a big village- almost identical to my own. But it wasn't, this was another little town that I was sure I had visited before. There was a sign near the main entrance and I walked up to it just to realize exactly where I was. This was one of the neighbouring villages that I had visited to sell some of my artwork. 

There where people here that knew me, but somehow it didn't look like the news had spread that I was gone from my hometown. A little strange, considering that all the townsfolk of both places treated each other like family and always spread gossip. It was nice, Meeting other monsters for the first time in what seemed like ages, being able to hear the chatter of the elders and bickering amongst the kids running around.

Interestingly enough, there WAS something that made me shy away from the visible crowd...or rather, someone. One could not mistake the loud and obnoxious skeleton with bright blue eyes, proudly walking around while his sword hung proudly by his side: Azure. On instinct, I really did want to greet him- but something about the way that he scanned the large pools of monsters told me that it wasn't a great idea. I was glad to see him though. He was like my younger brother, albeit he had a real older brother- but right now I couldn't risk being seen by anyone that was considered friends or even Family. If discovered, I would probably have to explain myself which meant that it could put Fallacy, Jasper and even Suave in danger, especially since I was a terrible liar. 

Despite Azure, there wasn't any other obstacles in my way of... whatever I was doing. Soon enough, he was out of my sight and I could walk around a bit more freely. There was even a moment when I greeted an old couple that I knew, both of them blind. They asked me how I was doing and told me that the town had been bothered by this and that. We exchanged a couple of greetings before I was on my way to another place. 

The hours I spent there were enjoyable, but I knew that I had probably screwed myself over when it begun to get dark and everybody disappeared into their residents. And so, I ended up going back to the forest at night so I wouldn't be questioned by any guards on patrol for being out on a late hour. 

I followed the path back to a more open area I had been through earlier. The grass was soft and it seemed relatively safe, so I decided to settle down. As I stretched out my hand, I eyed the bandages that I had wrapped around my hand. It was the area I had cut myself by accident. Right now, it didn't hurt. I ended up taking off the bandage, dropping it on the ground before I wrapped myself in the cape Suave had given me. I was hoping that Fallacy wasn't too worried that I had suddenly vanished,

 Not planning on sleeping just yet, I begun planning what I wanted to do the next day. Nothing else really came to mind than to find a way to get back to wherever the others had gone. However, I didn't really have any way to know where to go-

And then it hit me. Pulling out the map that I had somehow forgotten all about, I thanked every God known to monsterkind and started looking over the piece of paper. It was a quite the trip to their whereabouts, but nothing that I wouldn't get to in less than maybe two days. If I was lucky.

I smiled a little. That was enough time to finish my little 'break' and for me to blow out some steam after the sudden turn of events in the last few weeks. 

---------

Something... was bothering me. It was relatively quiet and peaceful where I laid against a tree, but I couldn't get an ounce of sleep due to my unease. Every time I was about to drift to off to Wonderland there was something that kept on moving around me. It was swiftly moving from one place to another, keeping me awake. 

In a way, it could've just been an animal... but I felt watched. Hunted, even. Regardless of whatever monstrocity my mind had created, I ended up sitting and watch my surroundings. It seemed that as long as I was concious, nothing happened. 

All of a sudden, I saw it. Had I fallen asleep? A flash of a tail was present for just a second before alarms were going off in my head. The old couple... didn't they mention that something was bothering the town? Sure, they said that the harvest hadn't been to good this year, but they had also told me that there was something killing of all the livestock. 

It seemed like I might've stumbled over the cause of that. And if that was the case, I was in big trouble. Because I knew that what I had seen, couldn't be anything else than-

a werewolf. 

(okay, so hear me out. I don't really know if there was any canon werewolves in this au of an au, but this is just a random werewolf- I don't think i'll make it a main character.)