1

2 Years, before a certain paw knocked on a certain door, on the side of a specific drug-lab...

{Art by @Jacato_ on Twitter}

- Chapter 1 -The Raccoon and the Sheepdog

- Chapter 1 -
The Raccoon and the Sheepdog

It is a known fact, that one of the most satisfying things in the world is waking up on a Saturday morning after a hard school week, is having clean sheets wrapped around you, without having a care in the world.

I loved this fact, because right now I was meeting the criteria. There's no alarm clock, that wakes me out of a dream where I'm making out with some cute boy. There's no mum that yells for me to get my ass downstairs so I can plow down some pancakes.
There's none of that cliche stuff... except, I have a little brother.

"Skim!" He yells from outside my door, banging his fist against it furiously. "Get up! I want to play lego with you!"

My eyes open up slightly, and I can't help myself but begin to laugh. He has no principle when the right time is to grow up. 13 years old, 13! And he still obsesses over lego! And even better than that, he would think that a 15 year old like myself, would give a shit about 'what he wants'.
There is a problem though. I have this condition... I love my brother, and I know that if I don't play lego, both of us are going to end up feeling bad. It's a pity I made plans today.
"Alright, alright. Get in here." I mumble in a sleep-induced daze.

I watch as the door slowly creaks open, revealing more and more of the wolf's face he waits outside of it. Jake has a funny expression- he constantly looks like he just broke something in the kitchen and doesn't want mum to find out about it.
And I know, although it may have not occurred to you yet, but I'm a raccoon, and he's a wolf... we're brothers. Confusing right? I'll explain: My mother is a wolf, a darkish blue one. Once upon a time, 16 years ago she was in a bar, by herself, a little drunker than she should have been.
Mum had been a few years past my age, at the time.
Somebody had roofied her drink

Drug Terminology #1
To roofie, is to slip a pill into one's drink with the intentions of making them either drunk, high, dizzy, nauseous, or pass out.

The last one had been the case for mum. She got dizzy to the point where she went to the bathroom to throw up, but there was somebody waiting for her there.
The only thing she remembers from that night, although she never talks about it to me and Jake, is waking up with a sore stomach, fully naked and slumped over in one of the bathroom stalls.

A few weeks later, to her horror of cramps and the lot, she found out that she was pregnant with me. A little racoon.

Time passed, I was born. And her with her motherly instinct, began to actually love me. She loved me because I was her son, regardless of the dreadful man who had given me half my genes, and my scruffy rodent appearance of a racoon.

Jake got it lucky, when mum actually fell in love with a caring husband a few years later. A golden retriever, with fur the famous gold of his breed, who would be quite handsome if it weren't for his Clark Kent glasses and his quirky-dad-persona. The name is Roy. And he's the most supportive guy I've ever known.

Jake took after my mum, because absolutely nothing about Roy is dominant, except for his fur.
So now, my little brother is the coolest thing ever: he's a golden wolf. That's right, a golden, freaking wolf.
And he still pisses away his time asking me to play lego with him.

Jake came over to the bed and climbed on top of me. I was fully naked, by the way, with my waist only just covered up by my bed covers.

"D-Dude." I said, rubbing my eyes to wake up as Jake sat heavy on my chest. Oh, thats another thing worth mentioning. I have a chronic condition of stuttering. I've taken therapy for it, some weird ass medication - it worked, but it made me depressed when I had it - so it's a real pain in the ass.
"I-I don't have anything o-on."

"So?"

"So if I get out of b-bed it's practically a p-porno."

Jake's ears pointed up, and he cocked his head.
"The fuck is a porno?" He asked.