14

Ichigo hums a small tune as he hops over the buildings quickly. He can feel that Grimmjow would be back soon and he needed to prepare. A lot. Besides, he still needed to save Inoue.

"Oi! Rukia!" Ichigo yells as he spots the Shinigami from the roof.

"Ichigo?!" Rukia exclaims and looks up instantly.

"Yea. You coming back to Karakura? I gotta get some training in." Ichigo asks raising an eyebrow. "Sode no Shirayuki?"

: I wish it was up to me. However, Rukia-dono might have some duties here that needs to be completed.

"Sorry Ichigo. I was going to train, I want to get my Bankai." Rukia answers.

"Huh? Train?" Ichigo blinks.

"Yea. I was going to go meet someone here now." She said.

"Wait... train? How? What are you guys doing?" Ichigo asks. "Whoever you're training with."

"Something. You go do whatever it is you call training." Rukia answers before disappearing, ignoring Ichigos' yell of 'Oi! What's that suppose to mean?!'.

Ichigo mock glares at the spot Rukia was just standing at before muttering about girls and their disrespect.

It wasn't long for Ichigo to find his friends and say goodbye for now. He had explained that he should probably go back to his family because they might get suspicious. They took the Senkaimon way back.

It spat them out in the air and Ichigo was about to scream before something soft caught him.

"Ara, Kurosaki-kun. What a surprise." Kisuke grins behind his fan. It was obviously not a surprise to him.

"Come now. Go and greet your family." Kisuke flips his fan close and guides the flying carpet down to the Kurosaki Clinic.

"Geta-bōshi..." Ichigo calls out before Kisuke leaves. The blonde pauses. "Thanks."

The blonde tips his head in acknowledgement before flying away. Ichigo felt his lip too upwards before he opened the door. "I'm home!"

"Ichi-nii!" The twins exclaim in joy.

"IIIIIICHIIIIIIGOOOOOO!!!" Was his only warning before Issin rocketed into his side.

Ichigo let out a pained cry before flipping around and kicking his dad into the wall.

"The first thing you do when I come back, seriously?!" Ichigo exclaims.

"Good! You've been training!" Isshin thumbs up.

"Shut the hell up." Ichigo chuckles a pillow at his face before sitting down at the table.

"So? What's been happening?" Ichigo asks his sister's.

"Nothing much. Karin has made a new friend!" Yuzu exclaims in delight.

"A new friend?" Ichigo raises an eyebrow. "Is he an underlying who's terrified or an actually equal?"

"This one was different, Ichi-nii! He's really strong!" Yuzu beams.

"Shut up, Yuzu. Besides Ichi-nii knows this person." Karin mumbles.

"I do?" Ichigo asks.

"Yeah. Toshiro." Karin says, casually munching on some rice. It was dinner after all.

"Toshiro?!?!" Ichigo exclaims, eyes bulging out of his eye sockets. That was an interesting friendship in itself. "You know he's over one hundred years old, right?!"

"What?!" Karin exclaims.

"Yeah, Shinigami's have a different concept of time to humans." Ichigo explains.