Chapter 3

(Olivia's POV)

"Fury said that you had been training since you were 9, training to be what exactly?" Steve asked breaking the silence. I thought about the few things that I spend trying to be over the years and how I am now. Not like what I wanted to be growing up. I love my job. But when I was little it wasn't the future I had hoped to plan for myself.

"I was training to be an agent like my father, he also works for SHIELD. He'll pick us up later" I said pulling up outside Steve's apartment building. I parked the car but for some reason I didn't want to look directly at Steve. I knew that I had to tell him my story, and I didn't want to see any sympathy.

"You were a 9 year old girl, wanting to get into training that quickly. Didn't all little girls want a fairytale-like ending, with a house and a family?"

"Yeah I did want all that, I wanted to grow up and marry the person I loved, I wanted to have kids and live somewhere in the country where it's quiet and peaceful. But I also wanted to be normal. Not a mutant, or a monster or a freak. But that's what I got. Sometimes we choose what's best for us but then sometimes it's what's best for others that matter." I leaned back in my seat and sighed.

"How did you find out about your...powers?" Steve asked.

"I was 9 when I first got my mutation. In mutation it comes from the blood cells and when they cells open the mutation begins. I remember the night it happened, it was peaceful just me and my father but then it happened. It's painful, it's like your body isn't you body, or your hand isn't your hand. For me I felt like I was on fire. I could feel my bones breaking then healing, the lighting and energies jumping around inside me. And I screamed, so much that I wish I could make my father forget that night. The whole process almost killed me."

I looked to Steve to see that he stared at the dashboard, his eyes showed shock which was understandable. I was even in shock myself, I had never told a person other than Fury, Maria and Natasha what happened unless I knew them well and I trusted them. I hardly knew Steve and here I just told him everything. Well almost everything.

"I'm sorry, I don't know how someone could take up a life like this. But from what I see in you now, you've made everything better for people around you. Fury said you were a great soldier and that would mean you protect people and save life's. How many have you saved?" Steve asked carefully. He probably expected me to break down in tears at any second.

"479, I'm counting" I said smiling slightly. "And I hope that I can save 10 times more before I die. I would give up my life to save anyone"

"Then you couldn't be a better person than you already are" Steve smiled. That smile made butterflies appear in my stomach and I slightly bit my bottom lip.

Why was I feeling like this? My dad had an a huge obsession on this guy and here I might be having a crush on him?! That's like my dad dating one of my book characters if they were real! Oh my god, I've got to figure this out!

"Well you better go pack" I smiled then glanced at my watch "we have to meet my father in 30 minutes. Don't forget the file package, it's on the coffee desk beside the window. And any more questions on mutation, my file is there, all the tests, info and description is there. It might help you understand mutants. The rest of the team files are there too"

Steve nodded stepping outside the car before grabbing his bag and punching bag out of the boot. He then headed up the stairs into his apartment.

Well dad is going to be very happy! I thought. I couldn't help but smirk at the thought of him seeing the captain. He would probably fangirl and then say something he didn't mean to. Well who could blame him....