Explorers

A/N
Hi :) Before this story begins, I'd like to say that I did take some inspiration from the Griffith Park video. I've added the video to the top of this if you'd like to watch and see the things I took from it. Also, this chapter took a lot longer so I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy!
Also, just a reminder:
(Y/N) = your name :)
And POV= point of view

Colby's POV:

I put on my all black outfit and look in the mirror. My phone beeps, I look and it's a text from (Y/N).
Hey :)
Hey! Still ready to explore today? I text back.
Of course! She replies almost immediately.

(Y/N), Jake, Sam, and I are going to Griffith Park tonight. Everytime (Y/N) comes exploring with us, I have a lot more fun. She brings up my mood like nobody else- not even Sam. She understands me and everything I love. I knew this night was going to turn out great, because tonight I am going to tell her how I feel.

Your POV:

You and Jake are in your apartment getting ready for exploring. Colby texts you back

Hey! Still ready to explore today?
Of course! You reply back.

"What are you smiling at?" Jake asks. Honestly, you didn't even know you were smiling that much until Jake said something.

"It's nothing." You say putting your phone down. Jake reaches over and snatches your phone. He begins reading the texts

"Hey smiley face, Hey still ready to explore today, of course" He reads in a somewhat mocking way. You give him a dirty look and snatch the phone out of his hands.

"He likes you, (Y/N)." He smirks at you. "No, he doesn't, Jake" You say back. "Are you kidding? All he does is talk about you and think about you. I'd know, I live with him." He fights back. "I think I'd notice if he liked me..." You say looking in the mirror.

"Besides, I'm not pretty enough for him." You think to yourself.

Jake's POV:

"Okay come on, you've been getting ready for like an hour." I say.

"Let's go see your boyfriend" I teased her. She made a face back to me and we left her apartment.

Sam's POV:

"Okay, dude; they're going to be here any minute, just act normal. Sometimes when (Y/N) is around you get all weird" I say to my best friend.

"I just don't know how to talk to her sometimes." Colby says.

"Just say 'Oh (Y/N), I love you with my heart and soul' and then kiss her" I laugh.

"Yeah..right..okay" Colby says.
Finally we hear Jake and (Y/N) open the door. "Come on, let's go see your girlfriend" I tease him.

Colby's POV:

(Y/N) walks in and she looks so beautiful. "Hi (Y/N)! How are you?" I say as Jake walks past me to Sam. "Colby! I'm doing good, I just filmed a video like 2 hours ago and Jake helped me so the process went by a lot faster." She says. "Hey, that's awesome! You know, if you ever need help with anything I'd love to help you" I say smiling. "Yeah totally, I'll definitely call you." She laughs. Ah, that laugh. The thing I strive to get out of her everytime she's around.

Sam's POV:

Jake and (Y/N) walk in and Colby immediately goes to her. I'm not surprised, he is crazy for her. "Hi (Y/N)!" I say. "Hi Sam!" She says back. Jake comes up to me while Colby and (Y/N) are talking.