Would You Love Me? (Sam Golbach)

Your POV:

"He doesn't like you when you wear that."

"He doesn't want to be with you when you wear too much makeup."

"He doesn't want to be with you when you don't wear enough makeup."

"He's staring at every other girl here because you're not good enough for him."

"He can do way better."

"He'd rather watch paint dry than be with you."

"You're hideous. Stop trying so hard."

"Hey, I'm going to go to the bathroom." You say to your boyfriend Sam as you snap out of your thoughts. Right now you guys are at a party and you can't help but notice all the pretty girls around you. Sam and his friends are known for their wild parties, but you can never seem to have fun. Your thoughts take over your mind and you can never seem to get out.

You have been with Sam for about three years and it has been the best time of your life. Although while dating Sam, you've developed a lot more insecurities about yourself than you had before. You criticize everything you do, wear, drink, eat, and say while around him.

"Okay go ahead," He says to you. Before you stand up, he kisses you on the cheek; "I love you." He says. You smile at him while getting up and you head to the bathroom.

"No he doesn't. He's only saying that because he doesn't want to hurt you" You say to yourself in your head.

Eventually you get to the restroom. You look at yourself in the mirror and are disgusted by what you see. You groan to yourself and stare a little longer thinking about everything you hate about yourself. Tears form in your eyes and you sit on the floor and begin to realize that you need to "fix yourself".

Everyday, Sam tells you you're perfect and beautiful and whatever other compliment he throws your way. But there's always something in your head telling you he doesn't think that and he has to say that because he feels sorry for you.

After about ten minutes of sitting on the floor you check your phone and see a bunch of unread texts, all from Sam.

"You okay?"

"Where'd you go?"

"Y/N, seriously, are you okay? You've been gone for a while."

You sigh. You can't tell him how you feel, it's embarrassing. Guys like girls with confidence, at least that's what you read in the magazines. Suddenly, there's a soft knock on the door.

"Y/N?" It's Sam. Great, now he's gonna see that you were crying and he'll know.

"you're so pathetic" you think to yourself.

Then you tell him to come in, he does and closes the door behind him. He looks at your teary, red eyes and his expression changes to a sympathetic look.

"What's wrong?" He asks. You can't do it anymore and you begin to cry. He plops down next to you and sits there and let's you finish crying.

"I don't like the way I look." You finally say. He looks at you shocked.

"Why? What's wrong with the way you look?"

"I feel like no matter what I do, you could do better. There are so many pretty girls in the world that you could have. And I just feel like you could do so much better than me. And I know you care about me but there's this little voice in my head telling me you don't and it's always there, constantly." You confess to him.

"Y/N, I don't want other girls. I want you. I pick you. I like the way you look." He says reassuringly. "When we are at these parties, you're the only girl I'm looking at. You're the only one I care about."

"Really?" You ask looking in his blue eyes.

"Really. Trust me, I wouldn't be sitting on a bathroom floor if I didn't love you." He smiles and you laugh a bit. "You're smile is my favorite thing in the world."

You lay your head on his shoulder and he rests his head on yours. Suddenly, you feel lighter and happier. That voice in your head is gone and all feels right with the world.

Sorry I haven't been updating. School starts soon for me so I'm trying to get all that worked out. I already have 5 imagine ideas so those should be coming soon.

Thanks for the support! And if you have a suggestion put it in the comments and I'll get around to it ;).

Also, don't forget to vote! ❤️