Just Relax (Colby Brock)

*(You and Colby are in high school) It is Friday night and you have had a really stressful week. Between school, homework, keeping a social life, and just having time to yourself; you have been having a lot of trouble managing it all. Your boyfriend Colby has noticed even though you refuse to admit how you are really feeling. Tonight you have finally realized that you can't keep feeling like this and you need help figuring it all out* 

Your POV:

"Okay, I have three tests on Monday, a paper due on Tuesday... which I haven't even started yet, Physics and History worksheets." You say to yourself. Then you get a text from your friend. "and she wants me to come to a party tonight on top of the parties tomorrow and Sunday." You sigh. How are you ever supposed to get all of this done? 

"Okay I'll just tell my friends I can't go to all these parties and that I have to do work..." You grab your phone and start typing in your group chat with all your girl friends. "Just tell them the situation, they'll understand." You say to yourself. You start typing and as you almost hit send you delete the whole text message. You really want to hang out with your friends and don't want to let them down like you have been. Recently, you have been distant from them sometimes because you have had a lot of work to do. It just feels like the whole world's weight is on your shoulders. Suddenly your phone goes off again, but this time it isn't from your friends. It is from Colby.

"Hey"  He says.

"Hi"  You respond back as you stare at your heavy backpack. 

"How are you? You've seemed a little...stressed recently." He says. You knew he would ask about how you've been. Colby can read you like a book. 

"I'm fine! Just have a lot to do this weekend!"  You lie. You aren't fine but maybe you can just do your work and go to the parties and it'll all work out like it always does. 

"Okay! I'm glad to hear that, just know i'm free all night so if you need anything let me know"  He responds. You set down your phone but as you do, you look around your room. 

"Yuck, it's disgusting in here. I should clean up a bit before I do my work." You think to yourself. Just picking some things up won't kill that much time. You look at the clock: 6:00 pm. You can do this. Just clean up a bit. 

So you clean up for a little while; picking up dirty laundry and putting away your makeup that is just laying around everywhere. You even have music playing which takes your mind off of things for a while. You decide that you should dust your furniture and vacuum because your room is still too dirty for your liking. You pick up your phone and you have twenty missed texts from your friends. 

"U coming?"

"Y/N, where are you?"

"Hey the party starts soon.."

"If you don't answer i'm assuming you aren't coming"

"Look it's fine if you have stuff to do but can you just let us know!"

And they went on and on like this. You check the time: 9:00 pm. "I've been cleaning for three hours?!" You are shocked you can't believe you have wasted this much time. You look at your backpack which is still filled with unfinished work. 

You sigh and you lay on your bed and close your eyes. You wish you could just go to sleep and not have anything to do. You pick up your phone and text your friends apologizing and saying that you lost track of time. Then you text Colby. 

"Still available?" You ask. You know he'll always be available for you but you just like to be polite eve though you guys have been dating for awhile.