Happy 4th of July

So I'm only part American and over here we don't do much to celebrate this day. I do have most of my friend that lives in the USA so I am doing this one shot. I hope you enjoy your day even if you are going to read my ending. Sorry for all the people who don't like it, I do. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO YOU ALL. 

Mark x Maddison

(My Junior Year)

Today was our independence day in this country. Like every holiday, I've only ever learned to love them while being with Mark. My father never let me celebrate anything, he would just drink his alcohol and I would sneak out of the house. Today was different, I have a family now and since the babies were born we have celebrated this day. This year Noah and Amelia were now in their teenagers years. I miss when they were babies, now they have an attitude and never want to spend time with us. Mark tells me it's a faze and they should be independent. I miss my sweet angels. I was in the kitchen preparing the stuff we will need for today. James is having a bbq party at his house and we are all going. 

"Morning beautiful" Mark kissed my cheek when he walked into the kitchen. 

"Are the kids up?" I asked him. 

"Amelia is on the phone with Tiffany and Noah is playing video games" He explained. I nodded. 

"Will you make sure they get ready?" I asked him pouting to convince him. 

"Fine. They aren't excited about today though" I frowned. They used to love this day. I really hope this is a faze as Mark said. I was finishing the preparations when Amelia walked in. 

"Hey mom" I waved at her, smiling. 

"Good morning dear" She smiled at me. Since I can't speak, my kids have learned sign language since they were young. They understand signing they just don't use it often. 

"So what are you doing?" She asked me, looking at everything on the counter. 

"Preparing everything for when we go to James's house" I explained. She nodded. She stopped leaning on the counter and came to help me. She might be in her teen faze but she is still the most helpful one of the two. My poor Noah has been possessed by the teenage years. Soon Noah and Mark came down. 

"It was hard getting him away from the game" He explained. Noah didn't look too happy. 

"Hey idiot, you could at least pretend to like it," Amelia told her brother. 

"Who are you calling an idiot?" Oh no, not this fighting again. They used to be so close now all they do is fight. 

"Quit it both of you. Now go to the car" Mark told them. They frowned and ran to the car, both trying to get the good seat. 

"What happened to my sweet angels?" I asked Mark, looking at him with sad eyes. 

"They grew up. But it's okay we can survive this faze" I sure hope so. We left the house, Amelia won the good seat which made Noah annoyed. Finally, after an annoying drive, they kept arguing over everything, we arrived at James house. When we knocked at the door we were greeted by his daughters. 

"Welcome aunt Maddison, uncle Mark. Hey, Amelia and Noah" They were dressed so proper and gave us such a nice welcome. I see they weren't attacked by the teen faze. (Honestly imagine this is what your parents think when you're a teenager, I don't doubt it. Have you guys been affected by the teen faze?)