Ch. 2: Coping Mechanism

Okay so like, thankyou SO FUCKING MUCH! <3 you're support is absolutely amazing!

Also, I know it's literally been FOREVER but im back and will be making much more on a more frequent basis! Promise!

Now, this chapter is a kakanaru yaoi with an established relationship between the two. I'm not sure how many kakanaru's there will be, but I'm not going to have a sasunaru yaoi until a while later in the book. (unless it's a flashback).

readers: 'yeah, because MORE FLASHBACKS is what we need' *face palm*
me: 'haha, you don't know what you need. Now read the chapter, and enjoy!'

*sidenote*: for some reason I imagine Kakashi's inner dialogue to be very poetic and philosophical, especially in reference to naruto, so I ran with it.

Hope you like it!
----------

Chapter 2: Coping Mechanism

Kakashi's POV

"Uneventful.." was the only thing Naruto said to me after he returned from yet another mission to retrieve Sasuke.

He stormed through his apartment with conviction, ignoring me, and marching towards his bedroom door.

My eyes dart at the sudden disturbance.

What's wrong with Naruto?

I let out a heavy sigh, setting aside my book and watching as Naruto returns from his bedroom with a small white box.

He stops at the bay window seat in the living room. The window's open wide, with a slight breeze and it sways Naruto's body in a beautiful way.

The sway of his body with the wind, how it curls as if it has sinned..

"Naruto, what are you doing?" I ask, a bit confused at the boy's actions as I walk to his side with a gentle kiss to the cheek.

"I'm admiring these." He replies as he continues to ruffle through the cardboard box and turn his face to accept my kiss.

"Admiring what?" I ask again.

"Pictures." Naruto replies.

I'm confused, pictures?

A picture taken and folded deep in a heart's pocket, a picture to reach into a soul and unlock it..

"What are they of?"

"Uh, they're of Sasuke"

Sasuke? I suppose I knew he would obsess when he got back, he always does.

It's probably best to leave it.

"Okay, well, I'm meeting Gai for some training. I shouldn't be gone long." I hurriedly change and begin to leave the apartment.

Maybe I shouldn't leave him alone. Maybe he needs me..

But as I look back at Naruto from the doorway and see the look of utter longing and desire in his eyes as he clutches those pictures, I know that's not true- I know that I'm not the one Naruto needs.