Chapter 33: Recounting Old Memories

A.N.

Chapter Song: Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber

Also, 'muy valiente' is Spanish for 'pretty brave,' I think, but I wouldn't count on it. I took Japanese, not Spanish.

I am uploading this on a friday, instead of my usual Sunday because.. well, I have a lot of personal stuff going on this weekend and I don't want to risk forgetting to post so, here it is. I will still be posting two sundays (two days from the day of this update). Anyhow, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

~deathbyinsomnia

~Friday: Day 11~

I wake up the next morning, Draco sound asleep in bed and I change quietly, pulling on a shirt as I walk onto the balcony. An oppressive feeling hangs over me and Tom's voice soon follows.

Hey, so you finally kissed Prince Charming? Muy valiente, if I say so myself.

I turn to my left and I can see him as simply as if he were real, and he was just like I remembered from the night he murdered my parents. His hair was dark, curled slightly at the end, and he wore a black dress shirt and slacks, two buttons undone at the collar, his long and thin legs hanging between the banisters on the balcony railings and his hands folded thoughtfully in his lap. His smile was mischievous and he turned to look at me, his eyes as red as blood. No pupil, no iris, just a sea of red. That's not right. I know his eyes weren't red but they won't go away.

Your voice isn't scary, but your face sure is.

Wow, glad I'm getting a warm welcome. Back to the issue. You kissed Draco.

I know, it was stupid.

It was brave. One part brave, three parts fool, but brave nonetheless.

You seriously did not just quote Eragon.

I'm full of surprises, now stop changing the subject.

I seem to be great at that.

No kidding.

I shouldn't have done it, he'll be all weird around me now.

He doesn't hate you, what more could you ask for?

Reciprocation.

That can't be too hard, he's simple-minded.

I don't think so. He's smart, educated, cultured, great at sports-

Sounds like you're trying to sell him at retail price, Harry.

I give him a harsh glare but he has a contented smile on his face that almost reminded me of Draco's. Almost. I caught myself in the middle of checking him out, and looked back out onto the garden.

I saw that.

You're part of my mind, of course my consciousness knows what I'm thinking.

I hear rustling and Draco walking around in the room, getting dressed most likely, I think as I catch sight of a dock to the inlet at the end of the property. My eyes glided through the backyard, past the flowers, down the dirt path to the gazebo, and past it down to a small entrance to the water through a tunnel of trees.

Tom, I'd like it very much if you'd stop visiting me, if you can call our talks that.

Why is that? You're getting better, Harry. My voice, seeing me, that's much better than having a full-blown anxiety attack with the vomitting and panic fits, isn't it?